• 1600-3000k

0 0%
  • 3000-6500k

12 54.55%
  • 6500-10400k

10 45.45%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    It was all real fans, and 6k real fans is what moves the world.

Proud to be in attendance. Glad to still be playing

If we were in the NCAA, we would have made it out of the first weekend. This team peaked one day too late.

I would love to beat Texas. Don't Mess with Texas? I wanna mess with Texas.

Bring it on.
    That's a good point about my good point.

Nothing against the lower bowl folks (necessarily - and I don't want to turn this into an upper vs lower thread) but 'real fans' - who bought a ticket specifically for this game on this day - filled the lower bowl, so the passion and enthusiasm was much closer to the team as well.

Not sure many of the blue bloods would have been as enthusiastic about 1) an NIT game, or 2) The Mud Hens...I mean Rockets.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

It was basically the same turnout as musketeer madness in recent years. Less kids, for sure, but similar fan profile. Xavier could play a high school team in the middle of July and I'd go if it was open to the public.

The only way to build attendance year over year is to have sustained success. Xavier has had a great run going back to the 80s and I would guess the fanbase is the strongest it's ever been. All those kids in the 90s that fell in love with Xavier are having their own kids now, so I'd expect the fanbase to really start growing in the next 10-20 years if we can keep winning.

I was at the top of d'artagnans deck at the end of the SJU game with my 10-month old and there were half a dozen other infants up there too. It's not easy bringing a baby to a basketball game and I saw a ton of them this year.
    Last edited by fellahmuskie; 03-22-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    That's a good point about my good point.

Nothing against the lower bowl folks (necessarily - and I don't want to turn this into an upper vs lower thread) but 'real fans' - who bought a ticket specifically for this game on this day - filled the lower bowl, so the passion and enthusiasm was much closer to the team as well.

Not sure many of the blue bloods would have been as enthusiastic about 1) an NIT game, or 2) The Mud Hens...I mean Rockets.
    I for one couldn’t go because I booked a commitment two months prior that I was hosting that night. The fact that NIT plays games on Wednesday’s wasn’t even on my radar (nor was the NIT at that point). It’s a short notice event for a ton of people. Those are hard to fill in any circumstance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook