• 1600-3000k

0 0%
  • 3000-6500k

12 54.55%
  • 6500-10400k

10 45.45%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    I was at the game , a lot of new faces by me. Thought about 5600. A lot of Toledo fans ; good game for $20 .

I'm looking forward to our next home game in this tournament, after we beat Texas. That 1999 NIT game against Princeton, played on St Patrck's day, to send us to the finals in NYC was one of my favorite memories. The Gardens was barely half full, but it was a great game and great crowd.

Ironically enough, we started that NIT by playing Toledo AT Toledo and barely beat the Rockets by 2 points. We beat Wake Forest in the second round at home, to advance to the Princeton game

Xavier Nation will always support the team, and you can't guage the loyalty of our fanbase by looking at the first NIT game we've played since the 1999-2000. We are used to the NCAA tournament, and the NIT is not the BIG dance. I am sure a lot of our fans are feeling a little out of sorts with the situation.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

This tournament should be all about getting fans in the seats. No way does Texas deserve another home game after selling 1700 tickets. NIT should reserve the right to move games after the first round to wherever they think they can get maximum return and improving the product and experience for all.

Sophomore
    That used to be the way it was. There was something to it.

I am not a season ticket holder as my kids have my going 100 directions, but as a fan for the last 30 years I jumped at the chance to get tickets for a game. We sat 5 rows behind the bench and my daughter could have not been more thrilled to be there as was I. My opinion is it should not matter where they play, support them like every other game.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    NC State had a sellout at Reynolds Coliseum - 5,500 in attendance for that game. Their regular arena (PNC Arena) was unavailable because of a Carolina Hurricanes home game.
    Not a bad way to sell out. We shoulda held the game at Schmidt Field House

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    This tournament should be all about getting fans in the seats. No way does Texas deserve another home game after selling 1700 tickets. NIT should reserve the right to move games after the first round to wherever they think they can get maximum return and improving the product and experience for all.
    I was thinking that the NIT should have a new rule- After the first round, if the teams playing each other have had previous home games, the team with the higher attendance gets the home game.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    That's the way it used to be. The rule as it is right now is meant to reward teams like UNC-Greensboro who are higher seeded but wouldn't have gotten home games otherwise.

You could have debated beforehead the overall merits of Texas vs. Xavier, but it is what it is. This is still a very winnable road game in what will be a sterile environment.

Even though the crown was less than 6K - the enthusiasm and support was on a 9 or 10K scale (esp. considering it was a game against the Rockets).
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Even though the crown was less than 6K - the enthusiasm and support was on a 9 or 10K scale (esp. considering it was a game against the Rockets).
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    It was all real fans, and 6k real fans is what moves the world.

Proud to be in attendance. Glad to still be playing

If we were in the NCAA, we would have made it out of the first weekend. This team peaked one day too late.

I would love to beat Texas. Don't Mess with Texas? I wanna mess with Texas.

Bring it on.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick