Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Had NC State scheduled more teams like Hofstra, Lipscomb or East Tennessee State instead of their garbage buy games, they'd be in. Their noncon SOS was 352nd out of 353. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Had NC State scheduled more teams like Hofstra, Lipscomb or East Tennessee State instead of their garbage buy games, they'd be in. Their noncon SOS was 352nd out of 353. End of story.
    You're assuming they would have won those games.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Even Georgetown beat Liberty this year.

It would have been funnier for Debbie Yow to pull a Mick Cronin and claim their buy games sucked because they were too cheap to bring in teams like the three that I mentioned. If anyone had a reason to gripe about being left out, it was TCU this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    You're assuming they would have won those games.
    I mean, they have beaten some decent teams, like Auburn, played a close one with Wisconsin, beat Syracuse, they just had to change a few of their games to better opponents, switch out those teams and yeah, a win is never guaranteed, but a Non-Conference SOS that's next to dead last is just down right ridiculous for any major conference team with NCAA Tournament aspirations. Crap job by their director of basketball operations truly, so glad we have Mario, he does a great job with our scheduling in my opinion.

St. John’s sucks. Didn’t deserve a spot.

St. John’s body of work Is good. Unfortunately they suck in this setting and the eye test (hate that phrase but I guess appropriate) shows disorganization without a real game plan. That’s not a good recipe for the dance.

Boy watching ASU and St John’s right now is bad basketball! Neither deserved to be in.

All-Conference
    A good coach would have had St Johns in the top 10 at one point over the last 3 years.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    St. John’s body of work Is good. Unfortunately they suck in this setting and the eye test (hate that phrase but I guess appropriate) shows disorganization without a real game plan. That’s not a good recipe for the dance.
    Their metrics were terrible. 81 on kenpom and 74 in net before today. St. John’s was a case where they benefitted from the committee moving away from the “last ten games” criteria because they were horrific and nothing like a tournament team at the end of the season

Honestly, the eye test clearly showed you guys before them. they sucked and laid a huge egg last night.