Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    I heard one of Kentucky's starters may be out with an injury.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I heard one of Kentucky's starters may be out with an injury.
    PJ Washington "sprained?" his ankle late in the TN game. He's not in a boot ... he's in a hard cast. They're not saying much, but a hard cast sounds like he's out for at least a of games.
    It's time for a bourbon on the rocks!

That Wofford game was a good indicator, I think, of where the game has gone.
    Mid-range jump shots are almost history. The game is now 3's, dunks, and layups/fouls.

We've got to recruit some dead eye shooters like Magee if we're going to compete.

For comparison, here are 3 pt %'s for the year of the two teams:
    Naji 26.9%
    Scuggs 38.6%
    Goodin 29.0%
    Welage 42.6%

Wofford:
    Magee 43.3%
    Hoover 46.1%
    Murphy 47.5%
    Hollowell 41.6%

Maybe you don't get guys that shoot in the 40's. But you have to have guys that are consistently in the 30's.
    Early in the season we had a few good games with a high percentage, but often shot ourselves in the foot with TO's.

Here's hoping we get the right mix for the Texas game.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    That Wofford game was a good indicator, I think, of where the game has gone.
    Mid-range jump shots are almost history. The game is now 3's, dunks, and layups/fouls.

We've got to recruit some dead eye shooters like Magee if we're going to compete.

For comparison, here are 3 pt %'s for the year of the two teams:
    Naji 26.9%
    Scuggs 38.6%
    Goodin 29.0%
    Welage 42.6%

Wofford:
    Magee 43.3%
    Hoover 46.1%
    Murphy 47.5%
    Hollowell 41.6%

Maybe you don't get guys that shoot in the 40's. But you have to have guys that are consistently in the 30's.
    Early in the season we had a few good games with a high percentage, but often shot ourselves in the foot with TO's.

Here's hoping we get the right mix for the Texas game.
    Agreed, we need shooters, but we also need to maintain the defensive effort X gave toward the end of the year. X had plenty of shooters when Tre, JP and Kaiser were around, but there was little defense being played. If X wants to get that final 2%, they need both, as well as 1 or 2 more players that can create their own shot.

What impressed me the most about Wofford last night was not their shooting (though it was impressive,) but their defense. They absolutely clamped down for a majority of the game last night, though admittedly outside of Myles, Seton Hall isn't the best offensive team in the world. I think the shooting will be there for Wofford tomorrow, but in order for them to win, they need to come with the same type of defensive intensity.

P.S. Please beat Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Agreed, we need shooters, but we also need to maintain the defensive effort X gave toward the end of the year. X had plenty of shooters when Tre, JP and Kaiser were around, but there was little defense being played. If X wants to get that final 2%, they need both, as well as 1 or 2 more players that can create their own shot.

What impressed me the most about Wofford last night was not their shooting (though it was impressive,) but their defense. They absolutely clamped down for a majority of the game last night, though admittedly outside of Myles, Seton Hall isn't the best offensive team in the world. I think the shooting will be there for Wofford tomorrow, but in order for them to win, they need to come with the same type of defensive intensity.

P.S. Please beat Kentucky.
    Wofford also took care of the basketball. IMO turnovers were a bigger problem than 3 point shooting for X this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    Wofford also took care of the basketball. IMO turnovers were a bigger problem than 3 point shooting for X this year.
    I agree. Wofford is 46th in country turning the ball and Xavier 229.

Yesterday was tepid, so expecting more excitement today.

Looking for that classic #12 Oregon vs. #13 UC Irvine matchup.

At least the Big East cannot embarrass itself today.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

What’s impressive about Wofford’s 3 point shooting is their ability to hit them off the dribble. Hitting them off the pass is one thing but those guys are pure shooters.

As for my bracket, should have listened to Paul’s advice vs jumping on Xville’s Seton Hall’s bandwagon. Just saying.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Yesterday was tepid, so expecting more excitement today.

Looking for that classic #12 Oregon vs. #13 UC Irvine matchup.

At least the Big East cannot embarrass itself today.
    But all three remaining teams in the American can!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    What’s impressive about Wofford’s 3 point shooting is their ability to hit them off the dribble. Hitting them off the pass is one thing but those guys are pure shooters.

As for my bracket, should have listened to Paul’s advice vs jumping on Xville’s Seton Hall’s bandwagon. Just saying.
    Agreed and I apologize to the wofford terriers. What a terrible year for the big east.