Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    That is kind of where replay pisses me off. Like it really wasnt meant to overturn a play like that. Same with plays where a foul could or should have been called but they just gave the ball instead and now the replay that and give the ball the other way.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Junior
    By the letter of the law, that ball belonged to Virginia, but that’s certainly not in the “spirit of the law” as they’d say in theology class.
    zip em up

Supporting Member
    Its officially the offseason...cant believe Virginia won this thing.i guess losing to a 16 seed just builds up all kinda of good karma

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    By the letter of the law, that ball belonged to Virginia, but that’s certainly not in the “spirit of the law” as they’d say in theology class.
    Didn’t Guy foul the TT player before it was knocked out of bounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post

Looked like it to me.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post

Yeah but for some reason, the refs have really favored Virginia this tournament...I dont know if they felt sorry for them for what happened last year or what.

I know it usually takes a few breaks here or there to win a championship, but the "lucky" things that happened to Virginia since Purdue has been pretty unbelievable.

Virginia was consistently one of the best teams all year with one of the best players in college/likely lottery pick on their team. Flame outs happen, they bounced back quite nicely! They had some luck for sure but I feel they earned their wins.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Virginia was consistently one of the best teams all year with one of the best players in college/likely lottery pick on their team. Flame outs happen, they bounced back quite nicely! They had some luck for sure but I feel they earned their wins.
    Not going to dispute they were one of the best teams all year but not sure I agree with you that they earned their wins. The refs gave them the game against Auburn, and they got beyind helped out last night. Yeah I'm a little butthurt about them winning, because I think they set basketball back about 50 years, but to me they at the least didnt earn the Auburn game.

Regardless, I'm ready for xavier to be back next year, because not being in the tourney sucks.