• Rather lose the PIG 20x

22 64.71%
  • Rather win the NIT the lose in the PIG

8 23.53%
  • NIT NEVER

4 11.76%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Now do it without Romeo Langford

Seriously, I don't understand how this is even a debate? I went to Dayton to watch X lose miserably to NC State. I'll still feel much better about that season than I would about this year's team if the win the NIT.

And I don't mean to take anything away from what this team accomplished after the DePaul game, as Gomuskies said. It will be a very nice end to their season, but it wold've been more successful had they made the NCAA game in Dayton and lost. And I would wager that, to a man, our current roster would rather have made the NCAA than have to settle for an NIT championship.

But, hey, if we win that at least will mean we'll be Rob Gronkowski's favorite team, so we've got that going for us.

The only thing worth debating is whether the NIT is a worthless waste of time or not.......A "glorified exhibition" or something more in a positive light.

MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, the most famous arena in the world, does not host worthless events.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Are you kidding? The Knicks play there 41 times/year. :)

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Are you kidding? The Knicks play there 41 times/year. :)
    That hurts!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Winning the NIT is being the tallest midget.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Winning the NIT is being the tallest midget.
    So essentially being Mick Cronin?

Gross.

Debate has ended, losing PIG wins.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Freshman
    NIT Champ preferred to PIG Loser. I enjoy watching XU. So watching 4 extra games be AWESOME. At some point clips of our 1958 NIT Champs or honoring those still alive from that squad would seem to happen. Starting next season with an active winning streak is special. We couldn't get thru the 1st round of an 8 team tourney in November, so winning it all in a 32 team event is an achievement. If we win it all, I think others will come around to my way of thinkimg

I’d prefer NIT champ. I still feel like you’re not in the Big Dance until you’re in the field of 64. I also don’t think any conference champs should be in the PIG, even if it’s a huge upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sophomore
    Losing in Dayton to a bad team would definitely have been better than winning tonight and playing this weekend. ��