• Rather lose the PIG 20x

22 64.71%
  • Rather win the NIT the lose in the PIG

8 23.53%
  • NIT NEVER

4 11.76%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Having our fans twist themselves in knots to act like they're happy Xavier is in the NIT as opposed to the NCAA Tournament is worse than Xavier being in the NIT and not the NCAA Tournament.
    This^

Being in the NIT is brutal. But I'll be watching the Muskies tonight just like I do every other game. I just couldn't imagine being excited about winning NIT games.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Having our fans twist themselves in knots to act like they're happy Xavier is in the NIT as opposed to the NCAA Tournament is worse than Xavier being in the NIT and not the NCAA Tournament.
    Yeah, I dont get it one bit. I am glad we are in the NIT as opposed to nothing but I would rather make the tourney even if it meant you lost in PIG. At least you can continue a streak of tourney appearances among other things.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Freshman
    I'm bummed they didn't make the tournament (Especially with the way the Nova game ended, and doubly especially that SJ somehow got in).

But I'm still excited for more X basketball. It's not impossible to be be both.

Quote Originally Posted by dethwing View Post

But I'm still excited for more X basketball. It's not impossible to be be both.
    100%. By all rights post-DePaul, this team was dead and buried. It's awesome and amazing that they managed to make it to this place. It just would have been MORE awesome and MORE amazing to have beaten Butler and/or Villanova yet still bow out to Belmont last night in Dayton.

Well, Belmont is a lot better than IU, so I'd rather our guys have had the shot at Belmont.
    No way Belmont is better than IU, let alone a lot better but that is beside the point. Beat the Hoosiers in a NIT Championship at MSG, or anywhere else for that matter, would send shock waves throughout Indiana/Ohio basketball wise. I am positive that would pay dividends on the recruiting trail. We tend to mine a lot of talent out of Indiana, so a BIG W over them would make our already successful recruiting there even better......plus it would really piss off their fan base, which is nice.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-20-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    No way Belmont is better than IU, let alone a lot better but that is beside the point. Beat the Hoosiers in a NIT Championship at MSG, or anywhere else for that matter, would send shock waves throughout Indiana/Ohio basketball wise. I am positive that would pay dividends on the recruiting trail. We tend to mine a lot of talent out of Indiana, so there's that.
    "Hey Recruit, we both kinda sucked last year but at least we sucked a little bit less than Indiana".

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    No way Belmont is better than IU, let alone a lot better but that is beside the point. Beat the Hoosiers in a NIT Championship at MSG, or anywhere else for that matter, would send shock waves throughout Indiana/Ohio basketball wise. I am positive that would pay dividends on the recruiting trail. We tend to mine a lot of talent out of Indiana, so a BIG W over them would make our already successful recruiting there even better......plus it would really piss off their fan base, which is nice.
    Oh yeah, remember when Dayton beat UNC in the NIT? Total shockwaves!

I mean, if you seriously think IU is better than Belmont, I guess I don't know what to tell you...

I'm glad you're going to enjoy the NIT.

I appreciate the sarcasm but terrible example. UD doesn't have any chance of snagging a big time NC kid from UNC. We actively mine talent in Indiana. When recruiting in the Hoosier state any edge we get vs IU and BU is a good thing.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-20-2019 at 10:34 AM.

That's not going to gain us any edge. Hell, Romeo Langford isn't even playing. You know why? Because the NT is a glorified exhibition. And it's not really that glorified.

Better recruiting edge against IU: we play in the NCAA Tournament. IU plays in the NIT.

If you seriously think IU is better than Belmont, I guess I don't know what to tell you.
    Seriously, Jeff Sagrin has IU 18 spots ahead of Belmont......IU 5-5 against the top 20, Belmont 0-1 against the TOP 50. I guess I don't know what to tell you.