Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Chris webber to Michigan you heard it here first.

Just kidding but that would be awesome.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Beilein is taking the Cavs' job. At this late stage, I assume that means Michigan is stuck with his top assistant.
    Not necessarily, it's still earlier than when Thad left for Ohio St.

Chris Mullins is available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Chris Mullins is available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who is Chris Mullins?

If I were Michigan I would interview Pat Kelsey just to see what other reasons he has in his pocket not to take a job.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

just so i can watch UCLA implode, I hope it's someone that passed them over...
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    If I were Michigan I would interview Pat Kelsey just to see what other reasons he has in his pocket not to take a job.
    Would be just their luck that he'd call their bluff!

At some point the good folks in Rock Hill, SC might just invite Mr. Kelsey to stay gone if he continues to accept other jobs and then comes crawling back to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    just so i can watch UCLA implode, I hope it's someone that passed them over...
    Now that would be really funny... Maybe only thing funnier would be Mack to Michigan... the loserville assclowns would lose their minds. Of course Mack would need to take a 50% pay cut because Christy would be getting half of it as she raises the kids in her parents back yard.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Beilein also interviewed for the Pistons' job last year. In this instance, though, one of his former West Virginia players (Mike Gansey) happens to be the current GM in Cleveland.
    Assistant GM to Koby Altman, but man, Gansey was on a special WVU team with Pittsnoggle, Herber, etc. The move makes sense, I thought he was a college lifer, but getting a nice little paycheck closer to retirement, Cleveland is a bit closer to his son too who got the Niagra job this off-season, and they're giving him some decent roster control. I like Beilein, I think he's a helluva coach, and his teams are fun to watch offensively, he was also getting a bit frustrated with recruiting towards the end of his tenure, so it all kind of makes sense to me.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Assistant GM to Koby Altman, but man, Gansey was on a special WVU team with Pittsnoggle, Herber, etc. The move makes sense, I thought he was a college lifer, but getting a nice little paycheck closer to retirement, Cleveland is a bit closer to his son too who got the Niagra job this off-season, and they're giving him some decent roster control. I like Beilein, I think he's a helluva coach, and his teams are fun to watch offensively, he was also getting a bit frustrated with recruiting towards the end of his tenure, so it all kind of makes sense to me.
    That WVU team was fun to watch. They ran Beilein’s offense with such precision and could shoot the three. Beilein is a very good coach that has certainly paid his dues. He has coached his way up the ladder and won at all the stops. Two national title game appearances at Michigan is impressive. One of those loses was to Louisville. Twelve years is a long time at one stop in the coaching profession. Cleveland is certainly in rebuilding mode, so I am glad he got a long contract.