Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 439
  1. #361
    Supporting Member xubrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,716
    Wow! This is a unique combination of being utterly ridiculous, but at the same time not at all surprising! Thank you for sharing!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

  2. #362
    Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    On America's Great North Coast
    Posts
    17,591
    Welp. St. Johns has their coach. Actually may not be a bad hire--that is IF he gets a couple of assistants that know and can work the New York City area. It's a jungle in there. That's why The Desert Raccoon had Book to navigate it...that is until Book got caught with his hand in the Addidas jar.
    They could have done a damn site worse. Anderson has brought numerous teams to the Tournament.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

  3. #363
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Welp. St. Johns has their coach. Actually may not be a bad hire--that is IF he gets a couple of assistants that know and can work the New York City area. It's a jungle in there. That's why The Desert Raccoon had Book to navigate it...that is until Book got caught with his hand in the Addidas jar.
    They could have done a damn site worse. Anderson has brought numerous teams to the Tournament.
    I think he will be fine because he doesnt rely on the big time kids, just ones that will fit the system.

  4. #364
    Darrin Horn hired at NKU. Pat Kelsey still at Winthrop.
    Last edited by Xavgrad08; 04-23-2019 at 06:50 PM.

  5. #365
    Supporting Member Juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    Darrin Horn hired at NKU. Pat Kelsey still at Winthrop.
    Did Kelsey pull a Kelsey again?

  6. #366
    Sophomore sirthought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,269
    He did! Man, I don't understand what's up with that guy. He's a good coach, but can't seem to control what's happening on the business side.

  7. #367
    Supporting Member XU 87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,345
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    He did! Man, I don't understand what's up with that guy. He's a good coach, but can't seem to control what's happening on the business side.
    What happened this time?

  8. #368
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,792
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    He did! Man, I don't understand what's up with that guy. He's a good coach, but can't seem to control what's happening on the business side.
    Didn't he meet with them and everything?? What a strange strange man...

  9. #369
    Sophomore XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Didn't he meet with them and everything?? What a strange strange man...
    Reported in the local news that he met with reps from NKU in Atlanta, on Tuesday. Same reports didnít even mention Horn as a possibility.

    But Horn does have deep ties to Kentucky as a player and coach, and does have head coaching experience. He was very successful as the HC at Western Ky. University, where he also played. From Glasgow, Kentucky.





    Speaking of WKU.......anyone else notice that they are suddenly getting 4 stars and even a 5 star recruit to go there? And others to visit? Iíve been there, my daughter went there for a semester. Itís a nice school in a very small town. About and hour north of Nashville and 2 hours south of Louisville. Thereís the Corvette factory and Museum there. Mammoth Cave National Park is 1/2 hour away. Itís got a good brewery and a decent steak place. Itís not a bad little town. But, itís Conference USA, no TV to speak of, not in a major city, in a very rural area of the country. I have to really question just why these players are all of a sudden finding their way there? Something doesnít smell right.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 04-24-2019 at 06:55 AM.

  10. #370
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    1,712
    Someone is flashing the Benjamins would be my guess.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •