Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    So what is the WVU board and how does that relate to Texas?
    Both Big 12 schools would be my guess.

Sophomore
    Jeff Boals has been hired at Ohio University. Former OSU assistant with a reputation as a strong recruiter. will be interesting to follow his career. Will be interesting to see if Wake keeps DANNY Manning.

How about Josh Pastner? Seems like he's sucked for long enough at Georgia Tech (great hire Bobo!).

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    How about Josh Pastner? Seems like he's sucked for long enough at Georgia Tech (great hire Bobo!).
    Georgia Tech actually has a couple of assistants under NCAA investigation (although Pastner himself isn't under investigation).

Sophomore
    Matt McCall the Umass head coach has fired all three of his assistants. One of the assistants was Rasheen Davis former XU assistant. https://www.gazettenet.com/Coaching-...uties-24229690

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    So what is the WVU board and how does that relate to Texas?
    Remember, it's a rumor, so you never know, but posted by a guy who lives in Austin, and confirmed by another guy that is in that area as well, both WVU grads, but in heart of Longhorn country. I don't know how valid they are, but considering they were posted on the VIP board where you have to pay, I'm assuming it holds a little bite.

EDIT: Sorry read this wrong at first, it's just a paid board ran by 247 sports, each team had one, I only pay for WVU's because I wanted it for the coaching change and recruiting news that was going on, so buying one month got me 3 free at the time or something like that, pretty informative stuff is behind paywalls for bigger schools just because a lot of boosters and guys with connections to someone either on the team, or in athletics figures stuff out, and two phenomenal journalists that cover WVU athletics officially get a free rain to post news and stuff, but they haven't commented on that particular thread. Maybe trying not to stir things up pre-maturely if they know anything from any rumblings by anybody being a conference mate.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Wow. UT would have to pay a 13 million buyout for Smart. Wouldn’t it be nice if your boss tells you suck and we’re going to let go while collecting a mere 13 million. Sign me up
    It helps that Texas has a ridiculous endowment, make a lot of money off crap like The Longhorn Network, etc. If a school had the ability to dump a guy like Shaka, it's Texas. The general reasoning is basically big time boosters just think they should be performing better, let's not forget this is the same school that pushed Rick Barnes out too.
    Last edited by GIMMFD; 03-20-2019 at 12:13 AM.

Bryce Drew got canned at Vandy to no one's surprise. Matt Lottich kinda sucks at Valpo. Maybe they force out Lottich to bring their favorite son back home?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I'm a little surprised at the Drew firing - he did recruit a pair of McDonald's All-Americans and one of them had a season-ending injury earlier in the year. I thought he'd get at least one more to see how they'd do when healthy.

Avery Johnson is also negotiating a buyout with Alabama, so his departure is imminent.

Danny Manning will be back at Wake Forest for one more year, albeit on a short leash with a new AD.

Cronin to Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by xu 89 View Post
    Cronin to Alabama
    John Brannen to Alabama?