Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Would also be interesting to see if former UC athletic director Whit Babcock takes a look at Mick Cronin if and when the Virginia Tech job opens.
    I would venture to guess he would be towards the top of the list. At first that would be hilarious if UC lost him but then I think half their fan base might actually be happy and then I also think how awful that would be for XU fans. All Xavier fans should hope for a lifetime contract for Mick at UC.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    What are the Buzz Williams dominoes?
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Some talk of Wojo moving, but I can't see that. Buzz just chases money. No loyalty at all.
    Per a tweet from Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria):
    This is the wildest, most fun, Coaching Carousel Dominoes theory I've heard in a long time:

Buzz Williams to Texas A&M

Kevin Willard to Virginia Tech

Tim Cluess to Seton Hall

Jared Grasso to Iona.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Some talk of Wojo moving, but I can't see that. Buzz just chases money. No loyalty at all.
    I mean Buzz is from Texas, got his Masters from Texas A&M... It may not be a great job right now, and it’s not better than Va tech, but it’s in a good conference with an open checkbook for facilities, salary, etc. attract top talent and pay good assistants.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    I mean Buzz is from Texas, got his Masters from Texas A&M... It may not be a great job right now, and it’s not better than Va tech, but it’s in a good conference with an open checkbook for facilities, salary, etc. attract top talent and pay good assistants.
    It’s a better job right now. He just won’t have as good of a roster. I’d take A&M over Va Tech any year since they’ve joined the SEC.

Not to mention VTech will be losing 3 senior starters.

Was a bit of talk about Frank Martin to Va Tech. Also heard JT3's name mentioned at Vandy.
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by throwbackmuskie View Post
    Was a bit of talk about Frank Martin to Va Tech. Also heard JT3's name mentioned at Vandy.
    Other names to Vandy heard/speculated Alford, Jeff Capel, Richard Pitino
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    Other names to Vandy heard/speculated Alford, Jeff Capel, Richard Pitino
    Sounds like they're trying to make JTIII sound like a great choice!

I cant believe that Alford is still getting job opportunities...........at major schools.......

Sophomore
    Ky locks up Calipari for the next ten years. Calipari will serve as an ambassador for Ky basketball after his coaching career is finished. UCLA’s offer to Calipari was 6 years 48 million. This would have been a pay cut on a per year basis for Calipari. George Vogel is reporting Cronin and UC are working on an extension.
    https://www.wlky.com/amp/article/uk-...tract/27010955.