Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Announced on Twitter as well, he did wonders at NKU and not surprised at all to see this happen, seems like a good hire, lucky for Brannen he doesn't have to sell his house or anything haha. Will be interesting to see how UC develops for the next couple years with Brannen.
    Actually he MAY have to sell his house. He lives in Alexandria, KY. Don’t know what the rule is but as the HC of an Ohio state university, it might be part of the requirement to actually reside in OH.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Actually he MAY have to sell his house. He lives in Alexandria, KY. Don’t know what the rule is but as the HC of an Ohio state university, it might be part of the requirement to actually reside in OH.
    That would be odd since last year (2018) UC didn't even play their home games in Ohio! :)

Can the former "CEO" of NKU make the transition to a UC that is firmly stuck in Mid-major land?

Big school.

Now much better facility.

Massive uncertainty and budget pressures, resulting from football-driven P5 aspirations that most likely will remain unfulfilled.

This will be interesting.
    X A V I E R

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    That would be odd since last year (2018) UC didn't even play their home games in Ohio! :)
    They did play one game in Ohio that season.

I think under the circumstances UC made a really solid hire. There were likely several other good candidates, but Brannen is a quality coach in my opinion.

Brannen currently has a decent staff with guys that gained experience at bigger D1 schools before coming to NKU, and one of his assistants was a Cronin player at Murray State and worked at UC for six seasons. Brannen employs a fairly effective defense, using some of that old VCU press system. His offense tends to spread the floor and use a wide open inside/outside game, but that might need to change with the shooters UC has currently.

I wouldn't say any high school player knew what NKU was four years ago, so it's hard to evaluate how effective a recruiter he has been there. The results they've had mean kids in the region do recognize NKU at least now. But it's hard to say if this coach will be tougher to recruit against or not. I'd say a lot of players who were turned off by Cronin's personality are more likely going to at least listen to what UC has to say now. Their conference doesn't suck completely, and the facilities and program history are pretty hard to beat in the larger picture of D1 basketball.

Sophomore
    Former Bearcat Kenyon Martin is going on a Twitter rant how it is a bad hire and former players don’t support it. I hope some one screenshots these before he deletes.

A lot of former UC players are kinda dumb, so......

Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    Former Bearcat Kenyon Martin is going on a Twitter rant how it is a bad hire and former players don’t support it. I hope some one screenshots these before he deletes.
    That's not what I saw. He said the hiring process was not good. I think meaning that they didn't include Van Exel in the process........

A guys thats never coached.........

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    A lot of former UC players are kinda dumb, so......
    Kinda dumb is being kind. Martin belongs in the Dimwit Hall of Fame. He has more tatoos than IQ points.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    Shannon posted one to her FB account. As someone else said, he’s upset about the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.