Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Cronin isn't leaving. No way. Hes a scared little man who is comfortable right where he is.

Sophomore
    I don’t think Cronin will leave, but I think he should leave in the next couple years. At some point he needs to go deep in the tournament and I don’t think he can. His teams lack offense and play tight. I think Mick could rebuild a different program and consistently get to the Tournament. I just don’t think he will advance in the tournament.

I think Bic is gone. Why stay at UC? You suck, your fan base hates you amd you’re short. I think he leaves for UCLA if that’s still open. Now if Bic does decide to leave what will Samari Curtis do? Could X get him back?
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    I think Bic is gone. Why stay at UC? You suck, your fan base hates you amd you’re short. I think he leaves for UCLA if that’s still open. Now if Bic does decide to leave what will Samari Curtis do? Could X get him back?
    I feel like UCLA fans would riot if they hired Mick Cronin due especially to his shortcomings in the NCAA Tournament, by all means they have the resources and history to make a home run hire, I'm just curious who they would go after. People didn't enjoy Ben Howland his boring style of basketball, I really don't think UCLA fans want a guy that can basically only coach defense. I wonder what UCLA's short list looks like, think they go after someone like Buzz Williams who is young but established himself at 2 places, I know Buzz Williams really likes Virginia Tech and he can do whatever he wants there, maybe try to lure Chris Beard away from Texas Tech. Interesting that there hasn't been much going through the rumor mill at a high profile job like UCLA.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I feel like UCLA fans would riot if they hired Mick Cronin due especially to his shortcomings in the NCAA Tournament, by all means they have the resources and history to make a home run hire, I'm just curious who they would go after. People didn't enjoy Ben Howland his boring style of basketball, I really don't think UCLA fans want a guy that can basically only coach defense. I wonder what UCLA's short list looks like, think they go after someone like Buzz Williams who is young but established himself at 2 places, I know Buzz Williams really likes Virginia Tech and he can do whatever he wants there, maybe try to lure Chris Beard away from Texas Tech. Interesting that there hasn't been much going through the rumor mill at a high profile job like UCLA.
    No one wants the UCLA job. The expectations are insane and they don’t even do modern things like charter flights.

Also, based on what I’ve heard about Mick’s custody arrangement, he’s not leaving willingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    No one wants the UCLA job. The expectations are insane and they don’t even do modern things like charter flights.

Also, based on what I’ve heard about Mick’s custody arrangement, he’s not leaving willingly.
    I have no idea what UCLA’s true interest level is in Mick but heard that he would take it if the money and deal Is right. His daughter will be in high school next year and also not out of the question for his Ex to move out to LA. Her sister lives there now and she has nothing that ties her to this area. Plus any financial increase for Mick, benefits her.

Exactly. That job is no longer a top 10 in college bball. They've tried how many coaches over the last 15-20 years and have had limited success. West coast, limited TV exposure and the conference is down. Now, it IS a good job but............

BTW, no f'ing way Cronin is going there. If he left it would be in the midwest somewhere.........but again he isn't leaving on his own accord.

Bic is gone you heard it here first. Only one sweet 16 appearance, his record in the dance is like 6-9. They want him out at UC and I want out prospect back somyes BIC is gone!
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Jesus, they don't charter flights? That's insane. I didn't know it was that bad, I feel like UCLA could be a good job, wonder if they roll the dice on a young upen coming coach then, but that blows my mind about the flight thing.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    A couple of dominoes fell today:

1) Steve Prohm signed an extension that will keep him at Iowa State through 2025.

2) Tim Miles has officially been let go at Nebraska. Word is that Fred Hoiberg is poised to be their next head coach announced shortly.