Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    i don't see why jonas would take that unless they really opened up the checkbook. tennessee loses a ton and we will be pretty good next year with daniel ramsey, his recruit. and from what i've heard we're paying he and ben johnson a pretty penny already for assistants
    Is Jonas associate here? That’s a big step up. Barnes isn’t exactly a spring chicken like Steele either
    zip em up

Sophomore
    From what I hear it’s a pretty substantial raise, unfortunately. I really have no idea what Jonas’s trajectory/timetable is right now, but it seems like a good offer. Hopefully we can make it worth him to stay, though.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    Is Jonas associate here? That’s a big step up. Barnes isn’t exactly a spring chicken like Steele either
    no. but barnes isn't about to retire anytime soon and i think jonas is gonna want to take a head coaching job in the next few years, maybe even this year.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    There are also conflicting reports on Ryan Odom - there's a reporter from the Washington Post who thinks he'll be announced at 6 PM tonight by Virginia Tech as their next head coach. The UMBC student newspaper and the Baltimore Sun are denying that report.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    From what I hear it’s a pretty substantial raise, unfortunately. I really have no idea what Jonas’s trajectory/timetable is right now, but it seems like a good offer. Hopefully we can make it worth him to stay, though.
    what is your source? how much of a substantial raise can he really get unless they pay him head coach money? i'm more worried about him taking kennesaw state or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    what is your source? how much of a substantial raise can he really get unless they pay him head coach money? i'm more worried about him taking kennesaw state or something like that.
    Tennessee boards say Rob Lanier made $425k last year
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Sophomore
    Jonas made just north of 200k at UGA. Assuming he makes something like 250-300 at X. I’d put his offer for Associate HC at Tennessee at 500k.

Tough to turn down a job doubling your salary.

Sophomore
    Jeff Goodman is reporting Virginia Tech as going to hire Mike Young from wofford.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    One of Mick Cronin's high-leverage positions just went off the table.

Another high-profile hiring was Eric Musselman taking the Arkansas job after all. He had supposedly turned down the job earlier last week, but his hiring now official.