Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Wow! This is a unique combination of being utterly ridiculous, but at the same time not at all surprising! Thank you for sharing!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Welp. St. Johns has their coach. Actually may not be a bad hire--that is IF he gets a couple of assistants that know and can work the New York City area. It's a jungle in there. That's why The Desert Raccoon had Book to navigate it...that is until Book got caught with his hand in the Addidas jar.
    They could have done a damn site worse. Anderson has brought numerous teams to the Tournament.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Welp. St. Johns has their coach. Actually may not be a bad hire--that is IF he gets a couple of assistants that know and can work the New York City area. It's a jungle in there. That's why The Desert Raccoon had Book to navigate it...that is until Book got caught with his hand in the Addidas jar.
    They could have done a damn site worse. Anderson has brought numerous teams to the Tournament.
    I think he will be fine because he doesnt rely on the big time kids, just ones that will fit the system.

Sophomore
    Darrin Horn hired at NKU. Pat Kelsey still at Winthrop.
    Last edited by Xavgrad08; 04-23-2019 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    Darrin Horn hired at NKU. Pat Kelsey still at Winthrop.
    Did Kelsey pull a Kelsey again?

He did! Man, I don't understand what's up with that guy. He's a good coach, but can't seem to control what's happening on the business side.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    He did! Man, I don't understand what's up with that guy. He's a good coach, but can't seem to control what's happening on the business side.
    What happened this time?

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Didn't he meet with them and everything?? What a strange strange man...

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Didn't he meet with them and everything?? What a strange strange man...
    Reported in the local news that he met with reps from NKU in Atlanta, on Tuesday. Same reports didn’t even mention Horn as a possibility.

But Horn does have deep ties to Kentucky as a player and coach, and does have head coaching experience. He was very successful as the HC at Western Ky. University, where he also played. From Glasgow, Kentucky.

Speaking of WKU.......anyone else notice that they are suddenly getting 4 stars and even a 5 star recruit to go there? And others to visit? I’ve been there, my daughter went there for a semester. It’s a nice school in a very small town. About and hour north of Nashville and 2 hours south of Louisville. There’s the Corvette factory and Museum there. Mammoth Cave National Park is 1/2 hour away. It’s got a good brewery and a decent steak place. It’s not a bad little town. But, it’s Conference USA, no TV to speak of, not in a major city, in a very rural area of the country. I have to really question just why these players are all of a sudden finding their way there? Something doesn’t smell right.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 04-24-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Junior
    Someone is flashing the Benjamins would be my guess.