Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Alford to Nevada

So...Alford is out at UCLA and Mick is in......Alford is in at Nevada, the school that sent Mick and HC packing in last year’s tournament

Carousel is right!

That's a good move for Alford and Nevada. He has thrived at that level.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Charleston Post & Courier - Frank Martin reportedly a target at Cincinnati

Interesting timing here - per the article Martin's buyout became $1 million on April 1. It had been $2 million prior to that date. Not an insignificant fact if UC is looking to hire on the cheap themselves.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post

Interesting timing here - per the article Martin's buyout became $1 million on April 1. It had been $2 million prior to that date. Not an insignificant fact if UC is looking to hire on the cheap themselves.
    I think he would be a good fit at UC. I know he has struggled at SC but its a football school....at K state he basically did what Cronin had done at UC....that may be enough for them.

Martin is out, which is too bad, because my impression is that he is kind of a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post

The Enquirer reported his buyout is over $12 million. I suspect The Enquirer doesn't know what they're talking about, which wouldn't be the first nor will be the last time.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Martin is out, which is too bad, because my impression is that he is kind of a jerk.
    . Have you seen some of his interviews with the press when asked certain things about his players, or his views on parents in youth sports? If not check it out, its quite refreshing.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dki7xQXmYLk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=enx35gnnQV0

This is a guy to me who actually does give a crap about his players and items not lip service.

His honesty to me is quite refreshing.
    Last edited by Xville; 04-12-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    . Have you seen some of his interviews with the press when asked certain things about his players, or his views on parents in youth sports? If not check it out, its quite refreshing.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dki7xQXmYLk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=enx35gnnQV0

This is a guy to me who actually does give a crap about his players and items not lip service.

His honesty to me is quite refreshing.
    Exactly what I was going to say, I like Martin, he's tough a definite no non-sense type of guy but I feel like the type to channel that and push you to the limits. I'm a fan of his, oh and he'd be better than Mick because he's actually been to an Elite 8 haha.

EDIT and Final 4 with South Carolina, but the comparison was K-State.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Much ado about nothing to me. Coaches yelling at their players isnt "verbal abuse" to me as I had plenty of coaches yell at me in grade school all the way up thru high school.

Quite frankly, those were the coaches I responded to and learned from the most.

To each their own I guess.