Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    I read it to mean the issue was the buyout Kelsey would have to pay to leave NKU
    So Kelsey believed that a big buyout number could stifle chance at his next (?) coaching opportunity ? Seems quite incredulously nave not to understand if he would find a better gig almost always the buyout is either paid by the new school/boosters (if they really really want to hire him) or negotiated by the new employer w/NKU to include scheduling games or other consideration.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Supporting Member
    I was surprised as well that was the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Because Stansbury the coach and everyone knows he cheats his rear end off. He put Miss St. on the map, Texas A&M had a top 10 recruiting class while he was the assistant there, and now...WKU. The guy is really good at cheating, so good he has never been caught even though everyone knows he does it.
    I'd never want X to cheat like that, but must say, gotta respect the hustle of Stansbury, so good that he can't get caught even with ALL of this going on against him. Probably the 2 year retirement period or whatever, shameful he isn't that great of a coach to put it all together, but still respect the hustle.

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    So Kelsey believed that a big buyout number could stifle chance at his next (?) coaching opportunity ? Seems quite incredulously nave not to understand if he would find a better gig almost always the buyout is either paid by the new school/boosters (if they really really want to hire him) or negotiated by the new employer w/NKU to include scheduling games or other consideration.
    After this and what happened at UMass, is Kelsey shooting himself in the foot for future HC consideration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    After this and what happened at UMass, is Kelsey shooting himself in the foot for future HC consideration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure he's already shot off both feet on that score. He's going to need an absurd run at Winthrop to be considered for a head coaching job above the MAC level at this point.

Beilein is taking the Cavs' job. At this late stage, I assume that means Michigan is stuck with his top assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Beilein is taking the Cavs' job. At this late stage, I assume that means Michigan is stuck with his top assistant.
    Wow. That is a little bit of a shocker to me.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Beilein also interviewed for the Pistons' job last year. In this instance, though, one of his former West Virginia players (Mike Gansey) happens to be the current GM in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Beilein also interviewed for the Pistons' job last year. In this instance, though, one of his former West Virginia players (Mike Gansey) happens to be the current GM in Cleveland.
    Koby Altman is still the GM as far as I know (Cavs change every 3 years) but Gansey is on staff and likely had some input.

Beilein is a heck of a coach. Michigan made the national title game twice in his twelve years there.