Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    They're going to get someone WAY, WAY worse than Cronin.

All-Conference
    I hear Nick Van Exel is looking for a job.

This might sound crazy, but wouldn't this be a good opportunity for Thad if he really does want to coach again? You could be a hero if you get it to work and if it doesn't, you have built in scapegoats in the administration that has already been called out rather publicly.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    This might sound crazy, but wouldn't this be a good opportunity for Thad if he really does want to coach again? You could be a hero if you get it to work and if it doesn't, you have built in scapegoats in the administration that has already been called out rather publicly.
    At this point, if he had any interest at all, he'd be hired on the spot and could demand any salary he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    At this point, if he had any interest at all, he'd be hired on the spot and could demand any salary he wanted.
    Thad would be an excellent hire. But it sounds like that's too much of a simple solution for the Johnnies.

This is a bad look from the Big East when a coach from the MVC and American East conferences are both not interested in what should be a premium spot.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Cluess has said no to St. John's. (link)
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Matta would be a great hire for them and he could likely turn things around in shorter time than someone less known as a head coach.

Sophomore
    I’m getting tired of hearing people say “Matta would be a great hire” for every job that opens. No he wouldn’t. He has dropfoot and serious nerve damage. Thad is never going to be an elite coach again. Please stop. There’s a reason he isn’t being hired or even contacted by anyone

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    I’m getting tired of hearing people say “Matta would be a great hire” for every job that opens. No he wouldn’t. He has dropfoot and serious nerve damage. Thad is never going to be an elite coach again. Please stop. There’s a reason he isn’t being hired or even contacted by anyone
    He was contacted by at least 3 teams last year.

All-Conference
    And in the context of the St Johns mess, he'd be the best available by far.