Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    hearing pat kelsey is a primary target for NKU. not sure that'd be a great hire. also seems like an entirely lateral move. why turn down umass and then accept nku? location?
    Daddy needs the free advertising; but prolly quality of life thing.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    It has to be a sick April Fools joke that someone told them Frank Haith was available.
    Frank Haith fails his way into a raise every 3 to 4 years. Decimate Miami's program and have the NCAA breathing down your neck, how about a 50% raise from Mizzou. Fail miserably at Mizzou while committing numerous NCAA violations, well hey there Tulsa do you want to give him a $500k raise and long term deal? I have no doubt he will hoodwink St. John's or some other desperate school into an 8 year $2.5 million guaranteed deal.

If there is a hall of fame for agents then Frank's agent should be a unanimous first ballot hall of famer.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    hearing pat kelsey is a primary target for NKU. not sure that'd be a great hire. also seems like an entirely lateral move. why turn down umass and then accept nku? location?
    He sure has made some odd career moves.

It's relatively lateral, but I'd suspect Pat has come to the realization by this point that he's not going to be a "big time" basketball coach. If he wants to be in Cincinnati, nothing wrong with taking a lateral move to get there. Also, I think the Horizon is more mid-major and the Big South more low major. The difference isn't enormous, but NKU is playing better basketball against better conference competition than Winthrop.

NKU at least has facilities that are as good or better than a lot of D1 programs. And he'd live in Metro Cincinnati versus Rock Hill, South Carolina. Some people might not like that, but I bet his overall opportunity at recruiting, a media market, setting up a solid schedule...it all improves at NKU.

Rock Hill, SC is essentially Charlotte, FWIW. So not as bad as it sounds (to everyone but Paul!).

True that. Too many cars. Waaaay too many.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    One St. John's Booster Not Happy With Their Administration

Have fun cleaning this mess up, Johnnies.

St. John’s is officially a dumpster fire as Cluess withdraws name.

How much money do they have to offer? When does slick Rick get a call?

Looks like UCLA part deux and the Johnnies are going to have settle for someone like Cronin.