Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Cavs are still paying Mike Brown.... seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    Who is Chris Mullins?
    Autocorrect got me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Here is a list of 9. These seem more realistic than what I saw before (Link).
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Here is a list of 9. These seem more realistic than what I saw before (Link).
    I can only imagine the meltdown among the 8 Michigan fans who actually care about basketball if they hired Mark Schmidt!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I can only imagine the meltdown among the 8 Michigan fans who actually care about basketball if they hired Mark Schmidt!
    Kind of weird considering they are a very solid basketball program, losing twice in the National Championship hurts, but getting there is impressive in it's own right, you'd think they'd really have a great fan base for basketball, but I guess football will always reign king, especially with the Harbaugh love.

As for the list, I don't think they'll hire Ed Cooley, but that'd be interesting, he's been established at Providence forever though, wonder if he'd leave for the pay raise that Michigan can offer, I personally don't see it. Kevin Willard is a solid coach, but hasn't had much tournament success. I don't know how you don't make a decent run with that Seton Hall team a couple years back, though they did have some head cases.

Johnny Dawkins is doing some interesting things at UCF, but it seems Coach K's tree has been pretty hit or miss, however he was K's top assistant for a while, if Dawkins gets the job and keeps Michigan rolling, you'd have to think he'd be a top candidate to take over when K retires. I'll be interested more so to see if he can get into the NCAA Tournament a bit more and make a run or so.

It'll be interesting to see if Michigan goes with someone established or if they attempt to grab someone from a lower conference and roll the dice. They obviously have had pretty decent success recently, but are losing a good amount. It'll be a tough year zero, but I think that's still an attractive job even if you will always play second fiddle to football just because of the resources that Michigan possesses.

Just my opinion I don't think Michigan will try another Coach K assistant.
    Tommy Amaker didn't have much success there

Sophomore
    I think cooley is more entrenched at providence than willard is at shu, but i think they're probably both loathe the leave the northeast, with the amount of recruiting ties they have there.

Junior
    The word I heard is that Beilein hated recruiting. (Sorry if that already came up)

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    The word I heard is that Beilein hated recruiting. (Sorry if that already came up)
    True to a degree, he was tired of all his talent leaving early too, I think with Jordan Poole and a couple other guys gone, he knew next year was a rebuild. Unfortunately for college coaches in football and basketball they don't get to just focus on coaching, they have to be salesmen as well, playing nice with boosters, recruiting, etc. I will say though, one thing I appreciated about Beilein is that you never hear him come up in any cheating scandal, he seemed to run the program the right way, something I do admire about him.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    I think cooley is more entrenched at providence than willard is at shu, but i think they're probably both loathe the leave the northeast, with the amount of recruiting ties they have there.
    Well, UofM's student body is like 75% Jewish kids from NYC, Boston, DC. Could bring those recruiting ties with them.
    Mom and Papa told me "Son, you gotta go to school; only way to make the fam'ly proud."
    I paid no attention, left my books at home, rather play my music real loud.