Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Reported in the local news that he met with reps from NKU in Atlanta, on Tuesday. Same reports didn’t even mention Horn as a possibility.

But Horn does have deep ties to Kentucky as a player and coach, and does have head coaching experience. He was very successful as the HC at Western Ky. University, where he also played. From Glasgow, Kentucky.

Speaking of WKU.......anyone else notice that they are suddenly getting 4 stars and even a 5 star recruit to go there? And others to visit? I’ve been there, my daughter went there for a semester. It’s a nice school in a very small town. About and hour north of Nashville and 2 hours south of Louisville. There’s the Corvette factory and Museum there. Mammoth Cave National Park is 1/2 hour away. It’s got a good brewery and a decent steak place. It’s not a bad little town. But, it’s Conference USA, no TV to speak of, not in a major city, in a very rural area of the country. I have to really question just why these players are all of a sudden finding their way there? Something doesn’t smell right.
    Because Stansbury the coach and everyone knows he cheats his rear end off. He put Miss St. on the map, Texas A&M had a top 10 recruiting class while he was the assistant there, and now...WKU. The guy is really good at cheating, so good he has never been caught even though everyone knows he does it.

WKU is also an under the radar top 25 basketball program all-time. Not that it matters much anymore what E.A. Diddle did there 50 or 60 years ago (or Clem Haskins or Ralph Willard in more recent times).

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    WKU is also an under the radar top 25 basketball program all-time. Not that it matters much anymore what E.A. Diddle did there 50 or 60 years ago (or Clem Haskins or Ralph Willard in more recent times).
    It means as much as SucKS ancient history, or CCNY’s.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Such a horrible hire for NKU.
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Reported in the local news that he met with reps from NKU in Atlanta, on Tuesday. Same reports didn’t even mention Horn as a possibility.

But Horn does have deep ties to Kentucky as a player and coach, and does have head coaching experience. He was very successful as the HC at Western Ky. University, where he also played. From Glasgow, Kentucky.

Speaking of WKU.......anyone else notice that they are suddenly getting 4 stars and even a 5 star recruit to go there? And others to visit? I’ve been there, my daughter went there for a semester. It’s a nice school in a very small town. About and hour north of Nashville and 2 hours south of Louisville. There’s the Corvette factory and Museum there. Mammoth Cave National Park is 1/2 hour away. It’s got a good brewery and a decent steak place. It’s not a bad little town. But, it’s Conference USA, no TV to speak of, not in a major city, in a very rural area of the country. I have to really question just why these players are all of a sudden finding their way there? Something doesn’t smell right.
    The Bowling Green exit also has two Waffle Houses - a big plus in my book, but I'm probably not the type of athlete they're looking to recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    The Bowling Green exit also has two Waffle Houses - a big plus in my book, but I'm probably not the type of athlete they're looking to recruit.
    Scattered, smothered, covered, chunked. Can’t beat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sophomore
    Looks like the Kelsey to NKU deal fell apart because of a buyout. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ku/3560413002/

Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    Looks like the Kelsey to NKU deal fell apart because of a buyout. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ku/3560413002/
    Thanks for sharing! Buyout from Winthrop? Kelsey was making $270,000 at the school so how much could’ve been? Brannen was making $400,000 so can’t imagine buyout plus salary would be a problem. Sure schools like NKU have limited budget but it would be interesting to see what Horn got paid.

Supporting Member
    I read it to mean the issue was the buyout Kelsey would have to pay to leave NKU

After reading again, you are correct and thanks for clarification. Wonder what that would’ve been?