Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCOUTING the ROCKETS

They really haven’t played any legit competition outside of losing to Buffalo twice but they did hammer the Penn team that beat Nova.

Their SR 6’4” Mr. everything Jaelan Sanford is a volume shooter with nearly 1800 career points. Would like to see Naj draw some of the D assignment on him but he probably will have to deal with their other SR Nate Navigato. He’s a polished big that can really shoot the 3 ball. He has over 1400 points with 305 made 3’s, currently shooting at a .455 clip from distance. They have their own version of Hankins in 6’11” JR Luke Knapke. He is closing in on 1000 points with nearly 600 boards. A big concern is their little soph PG Jackson has really figured it out. He is on a tear lately scoring wise and looks to be a good facilitator with a respectable turnover number.

All in all they look like an formidable foe with good size and lots of experience. I read somewhere that they are actually a slight favorite but that has to be way off.....I say X by 12.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-18-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Junior
    Line I saw had X -4.5.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Yeah, that’s more in the realm of reality but still seems low. Maybe if it was at Toledo but it’s not, however the Vegas line should stay in that range. The 12 point number was my guess at the final score.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    It will be very interesting to see how the 3 point line being a lot further back will affect these NIT games. I would think it would favor us being able to score in the paint.

I am interested to see all the rile changes. A lot of people will be confused at the game if they dont read about them before hand.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    It will be very interesting to see how the 3 point line being a lot further back will affect these NIT games. I would think it would favor us being able to score in the paint.

I am interested to see all the rile changes. A lot of people will be confused at the game if they dont read about them before hand.
    Yes to that, IF good in-game decisions are made (i.e. virtually eliminate the "hold my beer and watch this hero ball shot" bullcrap).
    X A V I E R

Where I'm so used to being in the NCAA Tournament I had no idea the NIT had rule changes like that... definitely gonna brush up on that before I watch X play lmfao.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar

It would be a helluva lot easier if they just played 4 10-minute quarters like the women do instead of simply resetting the fouls at the 10-minute mark of each half. They're also widening the FT lane to about NBA distance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    It would be a helluva lot easier if they just played 4 10-minute quarters like the women do instead of simply resetting the fouls at the 10-minute mark of each half. They're also widening the FT lane to about NBA distance as well.
    I prefer it this way without quarters. It keeps the game flowing without having those hold-the-ball-for-the-last-shot possessions you'd have if you broke it into quarters. I did not like the changes they made to the women's game.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I'd argue that it would help the game go faster with one less media timeout since you'd have 3 media timeouts (including between quarters) instead of the 4 per half that you have now.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    I'd argue that it would help the game go faster with one less media timeout since you'd have 3 media timeouts (including between quarters) instead of the 4 per half that you have now.
    A bit naïve. This will add two long pauses. If there are not "enough" other stoppages to get in the same or more commercials you can rest assured that a new media time out rule will pop up.