Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Not that he is an option, but quinerly expectedly is transferring from nova. Guy seemed to have a crappy attitude from the beginning and didnt want to work which is something Wright doesnt put up with.
    I doubt Nova fans will be crying about his departure - he wasn't really in their rotation towards the end of the season that much (if at all).

Sophomore
    nova is going to be extremely thin at guard next year

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    nova is going to be extremely thin at guard next year
    Would expect them to pick up a grad transfer to help there. There are many available.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    I mean from January 1st on he shot a cool 26.4%(19/72) from 3. I'd rather take a proven shooter than a guy who maybe, might not be terrible in the future.
    Also, this upcoming team could actually be really good with an addition of just one guy that can consistently make shots. Not sure about Carter, considering the level of competition he's moving up to. If we could get a good shooter that's eligible, I would think it would be a done deal. I'm not giving up on Elias as a shooter yet. We just need one guy to help spread the floor and we have another X team capable of going deep into the NCAA tournament.

It is frustrating, as much as this is becoming a shooter's game, esp. watching the tourney, how much Xavier lacks in this regard. We definitely need more shooters to go deep.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Yeah when people were debating what was more important to add in a grad transfer a shooter or big guy, I was definitely in the shooter camp. Teams can be more successful playing small if they have shooters than playing big with no shooters imo. Luckily the big we added it appears can step outside and knock down some threes. Still think we need to add an above average three point shooter if we can. People seem to thing there is no room for another guard but if we can get someone who is a solid outside shooter there will definitely be room.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah when people were debating what was more important to add in a grad transfer a shooter or big guy, I was definitely in the shooter camp. Teams can be more successful playing small if they have shooters than playing big with no shooters imo. Luckily the big we added it appears can step outside and knock down some threes. Still think we need to add an above average three point shooter if we can. People seem to thing there is no room for another guard but if we can get someone who is a solid outside shooter there will definitely be room.
    Totally agree, more shooters are never a bad thing

We will need help in the post too though so I can see that need as well. Hopefully one of the frosh bigs steps up early and proves he can play some decent minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Totally agree, more shooters are never a bad thing

We will need help in the post too though so I can see that need as well. Hopefully one of the frosh bigs steps up early and proves he can play some decent minutes.
    I thought the recent grad transfer from Ohio U. was going to be "the help in the post" we'll need next season. I'd guess that Tyrique will be a year better than this year (like many of our big guys have progressed in the past) and, although Hankins' game is more post up and shoot rather than the somewhat more perimeter game of the OU guy, he (OU) did have good rebound numbers in the MAC, (a few steps up from D-2).

Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    I thought the recent grad transfer from Ohio U. was going to be "the help in the post" we'll need next season. I'd guess that Tyrique will be a year better than this year (like many of our big guys have progressed in the past) and, although Hankins' game is more post up and shoot rather than the somewhat more perimeter game of the OU guy, he (OU) did have good rebound numbers in the MAC, (a few steps up from D-2).
    Carter is not a traditional 4 or 5. He more of a hybrid 3/4 IMHO.

I think Carter can spell a few at the 5 if we go small ball. He played 5 a bit for Bobcats so he knows the position.

Obviously a stretch 4 is his natural position which is great because this will open the lane. IMO, hopefully we don’t see him a lot at 3 or 5 but can handle both.