Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    DJ Harvey is at the very top of the list for Xavier. Sit one play two.
    Sign this kid up now!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    yea, i don't see us promising him anything more than back up minutes. kyky wouldn't be happy about his minutes being taken either. shooting guard doesn't seem like a pressing need for a transfer.

in other news, DJ Harvey is transferring from Notre Dame. he would fill that small forward role that we seem to be going after. really highly rated in highschool. kinda disappointed at notre dame so far
    Disappointed? Perhaps that’s because of the microfracture knee surgery he had a year ago. No thanks.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Please bring in DJ! Microfracture knee surgery or not, we need talented players like him in that 2022 class. He lit up Purdue/Florida State and shown he’s capable of putting up double figures against UNC, UCLA, Syracuse, and Virginia. How could anyone not want him on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2020 View Post
    Please bring in DJ! Microfracture knee surgery or not, we need talented players like him in that 2022 class. He lit up Purdue/Florida State and shown he’s capable of putting up double figures against UNC, UCLA, Syracuse, and Virginia. How could anyone not want him on the team?
    Because his shooting numbers are abysmal. He's a "shooter" whose shooting percentages are the same as Q's.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Because his shooting numbers are abysmal. He's a "shooter" whose shooting percentages are the same as Q's.
    He’d have a whole season to heal up and work on his shot. He was a top 50 recruit for a reason. Down years happen, doesn’t necessarily mean someone isn’t a capable shooter. I know DJ isn’t as good of a shooter as brad Redford, but look at Redford’s 3pt% the year he came off of knee injury. It went down significantly. Then what happened the following year? Back to normal

Sophomore
    Because I don’t want to commit a scholarship for the next three years to a guy coming off microfracture surgery. I realize he played this year after the surgery, but long-term recovery from microfracture is such an unknown. I would take someone coming off an ACL 100 times out of 100. And his game relies on his athletic ability... yuck. I mean, maybe if he could shoot.
    Last edited by XUBison; 04-03-2019 at 11:02 AM.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Supporting Member
    Not that he is an option, but quinerly expectedly is transferring from nova. Guy seemed to have a crappy attitude from the beginning and didnt want to work which is something Wright doesnt put up with.

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Because I don’t want to commit a scholarship for the next three years to a guy coming off microfracture surgery. I realize he played this year after the surgery, but long-term recovery from microfracture is such an unknown. I would take someone coming off an ACL 100 times out of 100. And his game relies on his athletic ability... yuck. I mean, maybe if he could shoot.
    He was closing out the season with some big games and starting to look better.
    https://www.ndinsider.com/basketball...494e0558a.html
    I think a good offseason of work and learning Xavier’s system would do him well. Really hope he comes.

He was closing out the season with some big games and starting to look better.
    https://www.ndinsider.com/basketball...494e0558a.html
    I think a good offseason of work and learning Xavier’s system would do him well. Really hope he comes.
    I mean from January 1st on he shot a cool 26.4%(19/72) from 3. I'd rather take a proven shooter than a guy who maybe, might not be terrible in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    I mean from January 1st on he shot a cool 26.4%(19/72) from 3. I'd rather take a proven shooter than a guy who maybe, might not be terrible in the future.
    Well once he started feeling more like himself (according to the article) he shot 34% in his final 7 games. I understand we can cherry pick stats all day but the fact remains is your not going to find a guy with his level talent that’s a proven shooter. He wouldn’t even be one of the top 3 shooters on the team once he stars playing.

Another factor I’m considering is he would be a senior in the lost recruiting class.
    Last edited by xufan2020; 04-03-2019 at 11:53 AM.