Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Completely disagree on that. His passing ability is absurd. If he had good players around him, the number of assists he'd have would be staggering. I didn't notice him playing any defense, though. That's going to be an issue for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Completely disagree on that. His passing ability is absurd. If he had good players around him, the number of assists he'd have would be staggering. I didn't notice him playing any defense, though. That's going to be an issue for him.
    Murray State as a team plays some pretty terrible defense. That's why I really don't see them as a Cinderella team. I saw a lot of guys giving up the lane instead of providing help side defense. I just can't imagine that working against MU.

Yup, I think Marquette pounds them unless they shoot really poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    I'm not super impressed with Morant. He is a great athlete no doubt, but has a long way to develop as a basketball player. Just found his decision making to be poor. I only watched a couple of their conference tournament games, but thought that if he was playing against a higher level competition there's no way he would be getting away with some pf the plays he made. If he's a top 5 pick in this year's draft then this is not a strong draft class.
    Outside of the top 3 or so guys, it's not.

Florida St is better than they are credited; Houston has good ingredients--good guards, depth, experience if only they had a coach; Purdue is up/down but when up can take anybody.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

I watched that A-10 final and was surprised St Louis was there at all. Pretty hard to say that team will win a NCAA tournament game.

Seth Davis picked Murray State to beat Marquette, but I just don't think that'll happen. Even if that M kid matches the hype, they are gonna be overmatched at more than one position.

My upset picks:
    UCF over VCU. That inside presence for Central Florida is just too much for about any A-10 team.
    Ore over Wisc. The ducks are much less experienced, but I think they win the rebounding battle. It'll be close if they can keep it out of Happ's hands.
    Nev over FLA. If Florida turns it over like they are prone to do, then Nevada will take advantage with lots of easy baskets.
    Yale over LSU. This one is a reach, but I think physically the teams match well and Yale has rebounded a decent percentage. They have a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    I watched that A-10 final and was surprised St Louis was there at all. Pretty hard to say that team will win a NCAA tournament game.

Seth Davis picked Murray State to beat Marquette, but I just don't think that'll happen. Even if that M kid matches the hype, they are gonna be overmatched at more than one position.

My upset picks:
    UCF over VCU. That inside presence for Central Florida is just too much for about any A-10 team.
    Ore over Wisc. The ducks are much less experienced, but I think they win the rebounding battle. It'll be close if they can keep it out of Happ's hands.
    Nev over FLA. If Florida turns it over like they are prone to do, then Nevada will take advantage with lots of easy baskets.
    Yale over LSU. This one is a reach, but I think physically the teams match well and Yale has rebounded a decent percentage. They have a chance!
    Agree with UCF, Wisconsin will win, Nevada is favored by 2 and I also like Yale.

I picked Harvard when they won as a 12 seed a few years back, so now I just automatically pick the Ivy League schools haha. Is Will Wade back from coaching exodus? God I really need to read a newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I picked Harvard when they won as a 12 seed a few years back, so now I just automatically pick the Ivy League schools haha. Is Will Wade back from coaching exodus? God I really need to read a newspaper.
    Will Wade will never coach at LSU again and if what is supposed to be on that wire tap is true, he will never coach in college again. I mean when you talk about deals and being frustrated because you paid less for better players, you are kind of screwed.

Yeah, how is Nevada an upset pick? They've spent most of the season in the top 10. Lol