Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Junior

The Selection Show

Anyone else planning on skipping the Selection Show ? I can't watch it this year. Too much like watching an ex with their new significant other. Probably tune into one of the post mortem shows to see who's screaming about getting screwed. Love to chuckle at Dickie Vs ridiculous outrage over 10th place ACC team being left out. Or that insufferable whiney prick Boeheim bitching about his seed. And the village nitwit Seth Greenberg, who couldn't win shit, pontificating about the field.
    Last edited by JTG; 03-17-2019 at 09:24 AM.

I'll watch, but it will be weird not caring at all. It's been a long time since I haven't had any skin at all in the Selection Show game. I guess the closest I come is being interested in Murray State's seed/match up, and I definitely don't care too much about that.

Sophomore
    The NIT show is on ESPNU at 8:30.
    If Duke wins it will hurt the NCAA as I am many others think that the NCAA tournament is the most equitable tournament in team sports. A week spouting about Coach K, Izzo, Coach Cal etc. will open the eyes of all but the most robotic fans to the carnival barker atmosphere that is starting to develop. If you love Basketball, watch the Ivy League game on ESPN2 at noon, Yale v Harvard. You will see good teams that could give anyone short of the "big 4-6" a run for their money. I wish I could go (only 10 miles and have been to Yale gym many times) but have a commitment but will be DVR. Mine Oyo on Yale is a projected late first round pick

Almost certainly will NOT be watching this year. Don't care....even a little bit.

Full disclosure, not an fervent watcher even in years where there is no doubt about Xavier getting in (most years this millennium). We really don't know the magic formula used by the men behind the curtain, it can seem a bit nebulous, but I would catch it if I could. I was more interested when they came out with game times later. Trying to figure out how I am going to get the guys together to watch the game (and get out of work etc.)
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Supporting Member
    I'll definitely watch because I enjoy college basketball. However, of course i am not as excited about it as i usually am. I will say something though, Zion has almost made me like Duke this year. I have all the respect in the world for him because not only does he play incredibly hard, but he could have easily listened to all the naysayers and shut it down, and he didnt because he wants to play with his teammates. I love the way he plays and the attitude he has.

I'll also be interested to watch slu play at 1. Though I was never really a fan of theirs growing up, I was born and raised there so I'll cheer for the "home" team.

Lastly, it will be interesting to see where our big east brethren get sent and what their matchups are. I'll be rooting hard for the hall this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I'll definitely watch because I enjoy college basketball. However, of course i am not as excited about it as i usually am. I will say something though, Zion has almost made me like Duke this year. I have all the respect in the world for him. I love the way he plays and the attitude he has.
    I have to say MYLES POWELL took his game to another level in the past month. This guy is off the chart right now!! You don't see players in today's game throw daggers one after another and show ZERO EMOTION! In the era of "look at me" guys everywhere, Powell is as cool as they come. His two BET performances were the best I've seen all year. Talk about act like you've been there.....WOW!!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-17-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    The NIT show is on ESPNU at 8:30.
    If Duke wins it will hurt the NCAA as I am many others think that the NCAA tournament is the most equitable tournament in team sports. A week spouting about Coach K, Izzo, Coach Cal etc. will open the eyes of all but the most robotic fans to the carnival barker atmosphere that is starting to develop. If you love Basketball, watch the Ivy League game on ESPN2 at noon, Yale v Harvard. You will see good teams that could give anyone short of the "big 4-6" a run for their money. I wish I could go (only 10 miles and have been to Yale gym many times) but have a commitment but will be DVR. Mine Oyo on Yale is a projected late first round pick
    I’m not about this inferiority complex towards the blue blood programs. And since I love basketball, I’m going to enjoy watching Duke because they have two future hall of famers who will dominate this tournament and the NBA for years. Although I’m glad an Ivy League team has a first round talent.

I'll be watching as a season ticket holder to the Wofford Terriers' games.

It's going to be fun to see where they end up and who they'll play.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Oh, I'll be watching games, and the Terriers make for a particularly interesting story, but until they have dates, times, channels etc., the circus that is the Selection Show is really not that interesting to me.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Almost certainly will NOT be watching this year. Don't care....even a little bit.

Full disclosure, not an fervent watcher even in years where there is no doubt about Xavier getting in (most years this millennium). We really don't know the magic formula used by the men behind the curtain, it can seem a bit nebulous, but I would catch it if I could. I was more interested when they came out with game times later. Trying to figure out how I am going to get the guys together to watch the game (and get out of work etc.)
    Meh two hours? Screw that. I liked it when it was just an hour, it was much easier to palate. I don't have much interest in the selection show anyways, just more so when the brackets get released and what picks to make afterwards. Other than that never an avid watcher.