Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I wish a mid major had made it over st John's.
    Yes. And Arizona fucking State.

Minnesota against Louisville is interesting.

Villanova got underseeded. I agree UC got screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Not to have too much sour grapes, but:

SOS: XU 46 SJU 74
    NET: XU 67 SJU 73
    Quad 4 games: XU 6 SJU 8
    Quad 3 home loses: XU: DePaul - SJU: DePaul and Georgetown
    Conf Record: XU 9-9 SJU 8-10

Maybe we should have added 2 more Quad 4 type games?
    Agreed. We deserve to get in before St John’s.

Can’t be too mad though about being kept out. Our guys knew they were on the wrong side of the bubble before the Nova game. It was a “must win” game that they had and then let slip away. We are certainly a better team now than the bubble teams that got in. We just lost one or two too many games and we needed to at least win against Nova in the tournament to make up for those early losses.

I just wish Steele would have made it clear to his players to feed Scruggs and Hankins during the last few minutes of regulation (who were both on fire). Makes no sense that Naji and Q would continue to shoot 3s (when they knew they were having such an off night shooting), especially when the guys who were extremely hot were open and calling for it.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Makes sense, except the part about non-con schedule. Should we add 2 quad 4's to help our non con?

Our non-con SOS of 155. Their's was 219.
    We should schedule 2 winnable quad 1s, and the worst 10 teams in D1. That was the SJU strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Nope. Watching FC Cincinnati game instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The flick on the second goal was absolutely sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    We should schedule 2 winnable quad 1s, and the worst 10 teams in D1. That was the SJU strategy.
    To be fair they do schedule Duke every single year basically so, that's scheduling 2 winnable quad 1s, getting lucky with Duke every once in a blue moon, and then the worst 10 teams in D1.

Junior
    SJU was the last team in according to that other network. I think that really comes down to the Butler L that kept us out. We win and we're 10-8 to SJ 8-10. No way they take them over us. But, that's how it goes. This feeling of MEH goes to show what XU is all about. We will never be satisfied not making the dance and making a deep run - eventually a FF or NC. We've come a long way but still have a long way to go. I expect this time next year this board and all X fans will be giddy with excitement about our chances to make it to Atlanta. Until then, we have bourbon.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by KabeX View Post
    SJU was the last team in according to that other network. I think that really comes down to the Butler L that kept us out. We win and we're 10-8 to SJ 8-10. No way they take them over us. But, that's how it goes. This feeling of MEH goes to show what XU is all about. We will never be satisfied not making the dance and making a deep run - eventually a FF or NC. We've come a long way but still have a long way to go. I expect this time next year this board and all X fans will be giddy with excitement about our chances to make it to Atlanta. Until then, we have bourbon.
    I’m already here, and I’m waiting!

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    UC as a 7 is brutal. They'll kill Iowa, but they won't beat Tennessee.
    I am 100% picking Iowa no matter how bad Iowa is.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    I can’t wait to hear Mick’s no respect rant about being a 7 seed.
    Same. I love actually that Houston got a 3 seed bc that takes away any argument by him that their conference is being disrespected. Nope, just UC.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Neither Arizona State nor St. John's should be in. Blech. Good for the conference, I guess.
    Thank God St. Johns got in, we'd never hear the end of the AAC having more teams in.