20 28.17%
  • 2000's

13 18.31%
  • 2010's

7 9.86%
  • 2020's

1 1.41%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm from the 60's. I was actually supposed to graduate in '65 but a wedding in 1964 derailed those plans and I wound up graduating in '68. I got my Master's degree in '71 from Xavier. My Dad and I spent many uncomfortable years (for more than one reason) going to games at Schmidt with our season tickets first purchased in the mid-60's. We've had them ever since and now we're up to six season tickets (my wife and I, two daughters, a grandson, and an ex-son-in-law's older brother (that last season ticket holder was too good to give up as a shirt-tail relative since he became over time my daughter's son's favorite Uncle --- that Uncle still eats Sunday family dinner with us on a weekly basis)!!! I know --- TMI!
    Last edited by muskienick; 03-19-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    I'm from the 60's. I was actually supposed to graduate in '65 but a wedding in 1964 derailed those plans and I wound up graduating in '68. I got my Master's degree in '71 from Xavier. My Dad and I spent many uncomfortable years (for more than one reason) going to games at Schmidt with our season tickets first purchased in the mid-60's. We've had them ever since and now we're up to six season tickets (my wife and I, two daughters, a grandson, and an ex-son-in-law's older brother (that last season ticket holder was too good to give up as a shirt-tail relative since he became over time my daughter's son's favorite Uncle --- that Uncle still eats Sunday family dinner with us on a weekly basis)!!! I know --- TMI!
    I think I might need a tree diagram, and a menu for Sunday dinner. :-)

Can I bring anything?

I put 80s but since I graduated in 80 associate more with 70s. Undergrad, Masters and Doc all from (guess where?). Guess once I started I forgot when to stop (plus most of it was paid for through one program or another...and working there for a time...so...).

I too watched games at Schmidt as a "Jr. Musketeer" and football games at Corcoran, way off in the freezing cold empty bleachers while mom and dad cuddled warmly in the packed 45 yd seats. At least I had lots of siblings to huddle under our single scratchy wool blanket and our brown grocery bag of popcorn, popped in the old dutch oven where 90% of our meals were cooked...well seasoned.
    Last edited by UCGRAD4X; 03-20-2019 at 04:01 PM.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I think I might need a tree diagram, and a menu for Sunday dinner. :-)

Can I bring anything?
    I considered creating a family tree, but with six kids I reasoned that this site lacked the carrying capacity for such a posting. I'll try to do better next time!

I looked at the Members List. There are 3556 people who have registered a screen name to post on this board.
    (don't know how far that goes back)

Yet this poll is probably accurate to a degree about active posters. Only 66 people have indicated a graduation decade.
    I would guess the same 66 of us banter back and forth throughout the year.

Don't know what the other 3490 are doing.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    I considered creating a family tree, but with six kids I reasoned that this site lacked the carrying capacity for such a posting. I'll try to do better next time!
    Good for you! Enjoy the family! My wife has so many cousins I still don’t know all their kids names and which kids go with which adults. Now they’re all starting to get married. If they get married in a nice place I’ll learn their names and who they go with. Off to a resort in the Bahamas next month.....that’s Katherine.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I looked at the Members List. There are 3556 people who have registered a screen name to post on this board.
    (don't know how far that goes back)

Yet this poll is probably accurate to a degree about active posters. Only 66 people have indicated a graduation decade.
    I would guess the same 66 of us banter back and forth throughout the year.

Don't know what the other 3490 are doing.
    I’m guessing they have lives? I’ve never been accused of that.....

Don't know where to put this tribute, but I did want to honor my former Xavier roomie ('68) who died 50 years ago today trying to save a member of his platoon. He was awarded the Navy Cross posthumously, the second highest military medal along with many others. God Bless this Xavier HERO!!!:

https://marines.togetherweserved.com...rson&ID=127819
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Don't know where to put this tribute, but I did want to honor my former Xavier roomie ('68) who died 50 years ago today trying to save a member of his platoon. He was awarded the Navy Cross posthumously, the second highest military medal along with many others. God Bless this Xavier HERO!!!:

https://marines.togetherweserved.com...rson&ID=127819
    "distinguishes himself in action by extraordinary heroism"

I would expect Heaven's to have opened wide for Michael. God Bless him.

2nd looeys did not have much of a life expectancy. It sounds as if his was far from wasted.

Did any of that rub off on his roomie?
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Gen X and Millennials are running the show.
    Bobbie, Nick and I need to go get a bourbon and get outta the way.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.