Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Nit

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    At the risk of pissing someone off and getting a bad rep comment (oh no!), I’m going to guess that the very few people that keep posting that the the NIT sucks, doesn’t mean anything, and that they could care less, are “younger” folks that have grown up with X always being the top dog and always going to the NCAA tourney. That they have a feeling almost of entitlement when it comes to X basketball. That they are true fans that always back the team win or win. But I question why they feel the need, if they feel that way about it, to even click on a thread titles NIT?

I really doubt that any of the seniors are feeling like being invited to the NIT is a bother, as none of them have any real experience in a D-1 post season tourney. I can’t see them not taking this seriously. I also have the belief that Scruggs and Q are the type of competitors that can’t stand to lose even a “friendly” game of HORSE. I can’t imagine the coaching staff not being interested in doing well. I expect the team to show up.
    Questioning people's fanhood, especially on people who spend time posting on a messageboard about something as trivial (in the grand scheme of life) as college basketball, is very short sighted in my opinion. I'm a pretty big Xavier fan; go to 3-4 home games a year even though I live 90 miles away, have gone to several neutral site games whether it be for early season tourneys, or the NCAA etc. and I'm sure most if not all the posters on here can say the same. And, I think the NIT sucks. Take a look at the "final four" of the NIT the last few years and tell me you want to be grouped in with those programs.

I think the NIT could provide some good experience (though I think this is way overblown) for Steele, the "core" four (mostly that they don't want to be in this position again,) and its at least 1 if not a few more games for the grad transfers. However, just because it is Xavier, doesn't mean I have to live and die with every NIT game to prove I'm a fan thru thick and thin.

Not questioning anyone’s “fan hood”, only questioning their experience and judgement. Obviously any team in the NIT would rather be in the NCAA tourney, and I’m sure every fan would rather see their team playing for the NCAA championship instead of the NIT championship. But that doesn’t mean that there is no value to playing in the NIT or that the players will automatically not care about playing in the NIT. Why someone would come on to a thread clearly titled about something that they don’t care about, and makes negative statements about it, I don’t get. Shows lack of judgement to me.

It comes down to the fact that ANY competition that Xavier is involved in is worth the support of the fans and the effort of the team. I don’t expect any Xavier team to go into any competition with a “I don’t care” attitude or to not give a 100% effort to succeed. As I’ve said many times, I don’t live and die with each game, each victory, each loss. The games and each season are fun, but they are just games. You give 100%, you try to win, you accept your loses, and you move on. Nothing is guaranteed, not even a next game. These are the last college games that a few of these players will ever play.

I'm going to watch, cheer for Xavier and hope they win, but even an NIT championship is relatively meaningless. Would be nice for the players, of course.

I hope Steele will try some different lineups in the NIT. I’m not very excited about the being in this position, but it should benefit the team going into the next season. Lastly I hope the grad transfers ball out in their final games.

I had heard that some people were having trouble with the website or phone to order tickets. I just got two for Wednesday on line at GoXavier.com. Seat map appeared and I was able to pick you exact seats. Pretty easy and quick!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    I had heard that some people were having trouble with the website or phone to order tickets. I just got two for Wednesday on line at GoXavier.com. Seat map appeared and I was able to pick you exact seats. Pretty easy and quick!
    Eventually. I was able to get tickets. For about 30-40 minutes I had a lot of trouble. I don't know if the website was overloaded or what.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I got my tickets today as well.

I had no trouble at first but later that message about cookies did appear. I had to close my browser and open back up and it started working.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I will be interested to see the rule changes and how they affect the game. I would recommend looking at them before the game or you might be very confused by some things that go on. The 3 point line and FT's will be most noticeable change.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSpivery View Post
    Wow. Here they have Toledo a half point favorite. Bet the house.
    https://images.actionnetwork.com/blo...NITBRACKET.pdf
    The link didn’t work, is it possible to favorite by a half point?
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2020 View Post
    I hope Steele will try some different lineups in the NIT. I’m not very excited about the being in this position, but it should benefit the team going into the next season. Lastly I hope the grad transfers ball out in their final games.
    No offense, but why in the world would he experiment with different lineups in the NIT? These are not exhibition games for next season, the team will look very different at the beginning of next year. Try to win the NIT, don't try to see what might work for a team that will be pretty different at the start of next year.