Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nit

Freshman

Nit

Hope we make NIT. The Grad Transfers will get up for it. Should we win it that's a huge Springboard to next year for our Core Returnees. I winter in Fla & return to Cincy Mar 21. I would happily buy tix if they have a home game upon return.

Quote Originally Posted by xu koop scoop View Post
    Hope we make NIT. The Grad Transfers will get up for it. Should we win it that's a huge Springboard to next year for our Core Returnees. I winter in Fla & return to Cincy Mar 21. I would happily buy tix if they have a home game upon return.
    X is a secure invitation to the NIT.
    I think the players really enjoy each other and want to play because they know their style is good and they can beat anyone.
    Next year, it will take those frosh a long time to learn D1 defense.

Yeah, I'd have to say that the NIT is a sure thing. We'll probably get a home game and be seeded decently high, they could definitely win the NIT. They came together and are playing great basketball right now. I don't know how long it'll take the Frosh to learn defense next year, but I'm glad we're getting some more practices in and chances to improve heading forward for the future. NIT isn't ideal, but after where we were and what they did to storm back to being this close to the NCAA Tournament, I'm pretty okay with having more X basketball. Future is bright!

When is the last time X played in the NIT?
    Run the table.

Sophomore

Sophomore
    when I look at the teams that will be in the NIT I see some good Big Ten, SEC, ACC teams that took the Michigan, No Carolina, Kentucky to the limit all year. There will be no walkovers. Also a few ticked off smaller teams with a chip on their shoulder. As a real fan, it should be good. As a player, it will be a challenge. In fact if I see a Duke, Mich St, Kentucky, Mich final 4(large schools with no underdog story) it will be boring. I don't see any of the big East teams getting into the second week.

The way X plays defense, they can play with anyone. The way they go into funks offensively, they can lose to almost anyone.

But it will come down to effort and desire. So many of the teams that play in the NIT go into it with a “so what” attitude and really have no desire to be there. Teams that go into it with something to prove tend to achieve more. Xavier has been playing hard in each of the games in the last month +. I’m sure the seniors will all be excited to play in the post season. Jones, Naji, and Q all have something to prove after the last couple of games. It could be fun!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    when I look at the teams that will be in the NIT I see some good Big Ten, SEC, ACC teams that took the Michigan, No Carolina, Kentucky to the limit all year. There will be no walkovers. Also a few ticked off smaller teams with a chip on their shoulder. As a real fan, it should be good. As a player, it will be a challenge. In fact if I see a Duke, Mich St, Kentucky, Mich final 4(large schools with no underdog story) it will be boring. I don't see any of the big East teams getting into the second week.
    I see seton hall as a very possible elite eight team depending on matchups. They play defense, have already beaten kentucky...they are the team I think who could make some noise.

SILVER LINING TO A TRANSITION SEASON....

NIT Invite, with a home game....against Arizona. Beat Miller, in his last game as AZ Coach. Id make some Skyline for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    SILVER LINING TO A TRANSITION SEASON....

NIT Invite, with a home game....against Arizona. Beat Miller, in his last game as AZ Coach. Id make some Skyline for that one.
    Poetic justice almost. I would bet a lot of money that would sell out Cintas quite easily. When do the NIT brackets release? After the selection show immediately right?