Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Nit

Sophomore
    Toledo blade covers U Toledo very extensively. Interesting about dissatisfaction with never making NCAA and U Buffalo always making it. It says Bowling Green turned DOWN NIT ..wonder why. No reason given

I'm no expert but teams that turn down the NIT usually do because of some unpublicized unrest in the locker room. Not saying that is the case here but even UK, UNC and IU do not turn down the NIT. There has to be a reason

If it's a senior laden team that set its goal at the beginning of the season as NCAA Tournament or bust, I can understand the players not being interested in going through the motions in the NIT. Particularly if it meant going on the road, which I assume it would have for Bowling Green.

The article doesn't say Bowling Green turned down an NIT invite. It says they won't play in a postseason tournament. Bowling Green's NET and Kenpom rankings are in the 100s and worse than any team that got an at-large bid to the NIT. My guess is they weren't invited to the NIT, and this is their way of saying they won't play in the CIT or CBI.

Didn't Mack turn down XU's NIT invite one year?

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Didn't Mack turn down XU's NIT invite one year?
    I think we turned down CBI. The last time we missed NCAA I think we werent even good enough for NIT.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Correct that was the year we lost Dex Wells and we went 17-14 and missed out. That was a bad year but we still kept the streak alive. This started off as the worst Xavier team ever in my 43 years that I can remember. It’s now turning out to be maybe the 10th worst year ever. That’s high praise
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

My friend told a huge UC fan he was jealous UC was going to cbus, his response was perfect and true X fans would agree.

you gotta be encouraged that team was left for dead Steele figured it out and got them playing and made it fun. You guys should try to win that thing.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I think Texas would be a lot of fun, this team needs practice breaking the press, Shaka is aggressive with that (well was, idk if he still is, didn't watch Texas this year), and couple that with it could be a fun "screw you" to Hayes for choosing them over us haha. I am in the same boat though, could either be very disappointed, or have the ability to make a deep NIT run, these are the cards we are dealt now, so let's take it a game at a time, and focus on Toledo first. It's not where we wanna be, but more practices, and more basketball to hold us over until next season!!
    Shaka stopped pressing (aka "Havoc") when he got to Texas. It's rare that they press.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    The link didn’t work, is it possible to favorite by a half point?
    Now X by 5.5