Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Nit

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by usfldan View Post
    I think they have banners for conference championships. Not a banner for each championship, but one that says "MCC" and then lists all the years they won the MCC, one that says "A-10" and lists all the years they won the A-10, and so forth. Then there are banners listing all the years they've made the NCAA tournament and how far they got (I think there's a made it banner, a Sweet 16 banner, and an Elite Eight banner). And I'd be willing to bet there is an NIT banner listing the years they've made that.
    They did not accept the invite so they could pretend it did not happen.
    I think the only banner Nit banner we have just says NIT Champs: 1958. I don't think there's a years made it one.

Sophomore
    You guys won't believe this, but an Ed Cooley coached team was unable to win a postseason game tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    You guys won't believe this, but an Ed Cooley coached team was unable to win a postseason game tonight.
    Hahah hey you're not wrong, he traditionally doesn't do well in the post-season, I still like him for some reason though, again when I alluded to it before he seems personable and classy!

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    It's official that the X-Toledo winner plays Texas in Round 2. Lots of empty seats at the Erwin Center tonight.
    The only reason those folks that actually showed up are there was because someone said the football team was practicing at halftime.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Seriously. Most overrated coach in the conference. Can't deny he is very personable and seems like an easy guy to like, and he teams usually do pretty well in the BE and especially the BE tourney, but all the talent they have had there in the last several years and I think just 1 tourney win.

I would put him no better than 5th best coach in the conference. The BE unfortunately has a lot of coaches in the conference right now who have limited to no post season success. Need to turn that around. Hopefully Marquette and Seton Hall can make a run this year.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Both A10 teams knocked out.
    2023 Sweet 16

Texas announced their attendance as 1,739 last night. Yikes.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    And yet NC State got a sellout at Reynolds Coliseum despite their "snub" in the eyes of the NC State brass.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Looks to be a lot of seats left for X game. The really good seats that will be shown on TV are full though.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Texas announced their attendance as 1,739 last night. Yikes.
    I friend of mine who claims to know these things said today that Xavier might host Round 2, rather than Texas, if we get a good turnout. In other words the "home team" after the first round is based on attendance rather than seed. Does anyone know this to be true? I always assumed that the seed dictated location all the way to MSG.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)