Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The NET is stupid. Ohio State beat Indiana yesterday and went from 55 to 55...….meanwhile Indiana dropped like 1 spot.

NET IS STUPID a team like NC State is 32 on NET with a non conf SOS of 353 the worst non conf SOS in the history of the sport (since this is the first year we have had 353 div 1 teams). How the hell are they 32 in the NET because they beat up on cupcakes in the non conf is beyond me if we were still using RPI NC State would not even have a pulse to get in their RPI would be 95 and no team has ever got in with RPI in the 80s for at large. I know everyone used to hammer the RPI and say how outdated it was but it had some merits like punishing teams who played cup cake city.
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

Quote Originally Posted by HenryMuto View Post
    The NET is stupid. Ohio State beat Indiana yesterday and went from 55 to 55...….meanwhile Indiana dropped like 1 spot.

NET IS STUPID a team like NC State is 32 on NET with a non conf SOS of 353 the worst non conf SOS in the history of the sport (since this is the first year we have had 353 div 1 teams). How the hell are they 32 in the NET because they beat up on cupcakes in the non conf is beyond me if we were still using RPI NC State would not even have a pulse to get in their RPI would be 95 and no team has ever got in with RPI in the 80s for at large. I know everyone used to hammer the RPI and say how outdated it was but it had some merits like punishing teams who played cup cake city.
    Or, perhaps, South West Cupcake Community College.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Even the old RPI has us at 76.

We just need to keep winning.
    So NET has us higher than RPI.......

Have I mentioned how much better NET is than RPI?

One thing the NET eliminated is taking under consideration the date of the game. As a result, at this point in the season, the last 10 games have the very same weight as the first 10 games in the season. In theory, it is hard to argue against that from a season ranking system point of view. However, as I recalled it (please help here), in previous years the committee has considered and valued how a team is trending and if the members of a team available for the tournament are the same members that got the wins (i.e. depleted team due to injuries or suspensions). I am bringing this up because for the first 2-3 weeks (maybe more) it looked as if we were seldom fully healthy. It took us some time to learn to play together and now, we really look and are playing like a different team. If that is going to be taken into consideration or not, who knows. I hope so because, otherwise, I feel we are in only if we win it all. By the way, anyone knows who is representing the BE in the committee?
    May the X be with you....Quitting is never an option.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I also wonder how Creighton can have a NET of 52 with an 18-14 record and X is also at 18-14 and is at 70. Creighton has one decent OOC win- a bubble team in Clemson.
    And we don't even have that

Freshman
    Because the net takes into consideration scoring efficiency and scoring margin. It's not just wins a losses.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHTING MUSKETEER View Post
    FWIW, here is an attempt to "explain".

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...what-they-mean
    It is not a deciding factor.

It is not going to determine if a team is in or out of the bracket.

It is an organizational piece for the committee.
    Getting the old "eye test" rational out early in the process.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHTING MUSKETEER View Post
    One thing the NET eliminated is taking under consideration the date of the game. As a result, at this point in the season, the last 10 games have the very same weight as the first 10 games in the season.
    RPI did that as well the date of game meant nothing in the RPI
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

Two weeks ago Dayton lost a home game to Rhody. The loss seemingly did nothing to their NET ranking. Their best OOC win appears to be Butler. Their NET ranking is higher than ours. I'm not sure how much better is this system than the old one.