Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    At this point in the season, the top teams in the BE are Nova, Seton Hall, Marquette and X.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I was foolish enough to turn on the final for the last minute or two. Just made me more upset. We would have beat hall and I am convinced we would have won a tourney game. Such a damn shame.

On a side note I really hope St. Johns, Seton Hall, and Marquette do something in the tourney. Outside of X and Nova (and Butler one year) no other BE teams have made any noise in the tourney since realignment. BE has been fantastic but that would be the one knock.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm a glass half full guy. When it gets halfway down...I refill it.
    So it's taken a day to collect my thoughts.
    I cannot get over being upset that we didn't play Creighton tonight. I think we'd have won.

The Nova game was one that will haunt me as long as OSU and Duke.
    How two of our top three scorers, who give us 25 per game, came up with 6, I'll probably never understand.
    The fact that neither one of them drew a shooting foul is positively baffling. Hardly happened all year.
    We can win a game without Q (Georgetown and Butler) but I'm OK with him as a PG if he plays like one.
    When you are 0 fer shooting the 3...stop shooting the damn 3. Be a real PG.

Sorry. Just hard to take. That bogus call on Naji at the end keeps replaying in my mind, over and over. Cost us the game.
    I know people go on and on about one call doesn't make a difference, that you shouldn't be in that position, yada yada yada.
    I don't give a crap. If one made basket in the last 2 seconds gives a team the win, that basket won the game.
    That call cost us the game. Period. It should have been a blocking call with Naji at the line.

Sorry again.
    No need to apologize, Paul. Same thoughts here. Tired of X always getting the short end of the stick.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I was foolish enough to turn on the final for the last minute or two. Just made me more upset. We would have beat hall and I am convinced we would have won a tourney game. Such a damn shame.

On a side note I really hope St. Johns, Seton Hall, and Marquette do something in the tourney. Outside of X and Nova (and Butler one year) no other BE teams have made any noise in the tourney since realignment. BE has been fantastic but that would be the one knock.
    I dont expect st John's or Marquette to make it out of the first round. I do think Seton hall could make it to the second weekend with the right matchups though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I dont expect st John's or Marquette to make it out of the first round. I do think Seton hall could make it to the second weekend with the right matchups though.
    I have Marquette winning the first one, and interested in seeing the match-up for the second. Seton Hall has potential, especially since Powell has been lights out but after a couple years ago when they were knocked out first game with a stronger team in my opinion, I don't know if I can trust them.. St. John's is still coached by Chris Mullin thus I have no faith in them at all. I don't see Nova going that far this year either. For a down year, still awesome to get a good amount of teams in, but D-West is right though, biggest knock is tournament performance. I think we have some capable coaches in conference, but match ups or whatever just end up being bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimKibbles View Post
    You’re right. I apologize if that is what I was doing. I haven’t been on XH and posted really at all since the fallout from Mack leaving and bashing players during this season. Some folks and their posts just turned me off. Maybe they are being passionate fans and I’m not as much of one. I’ve been going to X games since I was 12 (31 years) and love following the team but never felt the need to bash players on social media or wish for failure on a hometown coach leaving his alma mater. Just the way I’m wired as a fan I guess.
    Why are you apologizing for having an opinion?

St. John’s has no business playing in the NCAAT.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post
    St. John’s has no business playing in the NCAAT.
    The wa y they are playing right now you are absolutely right. But, they have the resume compared to the other bubble teams that suck. With that said, you never know what the committee will do so I wouldnt be shocked to see them out.
    Last edited by Xville; 03-17-2019 at 09:05 AM.