Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    1. Fuck that charge call. Seriously. Slid right under Naji.

2. Hard to win when 2 of you best players are absolute no shows offensively.

3. As far as heart breaking losses in X history this is towards the bottom given the circumstances and expectations.

4. If we host an NIT game or two I will definitely be there to support these guys. The fact that they turned this season around and made the last month of Xavier basketball entertaining for us all is awesome. The program is in good hands with Steele I think we can all agree. Play for the grad transfers who have never played in any Div 1 post season tourney. I will watch any X game not matter what the circumstances.

5. Its gonna be a long wait but next season has to be one of the more anticipated X seasons.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I am willing to bet that all those NIT haters will be watching and rooting for X once they win the first two games and there are only 16 teams left in he dance. Plus we don’t want to lose the streak of Jimmy Carter when we play VD at the Tas bc that’s happening.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

All-Conference
    If they play, fine. If they don't, fine.

I wouldn't want them to lose, but it just doesn't really mean much. They're exhibition games. Literally, the equivalent of playing an exhibition game.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post

3. As far as heart breaking losses in X history this is towards the bottom given the circumstances and expectations.

4. If we host an NIT game or two I will definitely be there to support these guys. The fact that they turned this season around and made the last month of Xavier basketball entertaining for us all is awesome. The program is in good hands with Steele I think we can all agree. Play for the grad transfers who have never played in any Div 1 post season tourney. I will watch any X game not matter what the circumstances.

5. Its gonna be a long wait but next season has to be one of the more anticipated X seasons.
    Can’t help but think, either D Miles better by ready to go, or we really need to find another true big like Hankins (6’10 or taller) for next year. Jones is gonna be important too but man if Miles could be plugged in and play like Hankins (or of Steele and staff could find another big similar to him), look out.

I have simply loved watching Hankins go from solid contributor to absolute stud in one season. Just amazing!
    Last edited by IM4X; 03-15-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    I am willing to bet that all those NIT haters will be watching and rooting for X once they win the first two games and there are only 16 teams left in he dance. Plus we don’t want to lose the streak of Jimmy Carter when we play VD at the Tas bc that’s happening.
    Nah. It’s a joke event.

If the players genuinely want to play, more power to them. But I’m not gonna get fired up about being crowned the 69th best team in America.

I’m not sure how Hankins got so good without Pegues here... strange!

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post

This.
    X A V I E R

All-Conference
    I'm not sold that Q and Naji are 100% bought in to Steele. If they're not, I hope that changes before next year. I feel if those three were seeing eye to eye from the start, we're playing next Thursday/Friday.

It was obvious our best strategy was inside - out. Although it did get better the last 10 games, there were times where they still made poor decisions with quick shots and dumb plays.

I hope they embrace their leadership roles next year and realize that the whole is bigger than the sum.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    Eh — the NIT is beneath programs like XU, UK, UNC, etc.

Turning it down is the right move.
    Is that why UK and UNC turned down NIT invites? Oh wait...

The right move? Get over yourself. Keep your tv off. If the guys want to play in the NIT, that’s great. Go win the whole thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I'm not sold that Q and Naji are 100% bought in to Steele. If they're not, I hope that changes before next year. I feel if those three were seeing eye to eye from the start, we're playing next Thursday/Friday.

It was obvious our best strategy was inside - out. Although it did get better the last 10 games, there were times where they still made poor decisions with quick shots and dumb plays.

I hope they embrace their leadership roles next year and realize that the whole is bigger than the sum.
    From what I was told earlier this year, Q was dealing with a pretty significant personal issue this year and Steele was the first one he went to about it. I think the guys are bought into Steele. Steele grew as a coach big time this year.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17