Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Tough game to lose. We played well defensively for most of the game. The missed box out at the end of regulation was huge. Hankins played really well, but that missed foul shot was a killer. If we are selected to the nit then let’s win the darn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    How many of those shots are when he gets stuck with the ball w/ 1 or 2 seconds left on the shot clock? Most guys will brick a shot if they got to throw it up at the last second.

The hatred for Q on this board is unreal. I look forward his senior season next year. His story isn’t over yet.
    I don't hate him at all. He's just not an elite PG. He's been surrounded with talent up until now too. He's a good player with some nice jumping ability. He just doesn't have soft hands, and you have to at PG in D1. It's not hate, it's Being realistic.

25 minutes into the second half.....X STILL isn't in the bonus. Ridiculous. The charge call was awful. Naji had plenty of room to land until Gillespie scooted up and under him. Frustrating. BUT great effort. I love the way this team stuck together and came back strong. Looking for a strong (albeit disappointing) NIT run! Go X
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    When the clock is winding down, the team always passes the ball to Q. It should be going to Scruggs in those situations 95% of the time.

Q is capable of running the point, but he's simply not a threat outside of the rim, and he's not dangerous as the clock winds down.
    Agree. But big picture, this team is much stronger at the post, which is bad recipe for finishing games strong.

I still love Q. Plays with a lot of passion. A classic X player.
    Last edited by GuyFawkes38; 03-15-2019 at 08:19 PM.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Supporting Member
    Just really sucks that nova did not play well at all and we essentially handed them the game down the stretch.

Wish this team would have figured it out about a week before they did...20-13 and this team is most likely dancing...ugh. just hate that we have to wait 8 freaking months.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    When the clock is winding down, the team always passes the ball to Q. It should be going to Scruggs in those situations 95% of the time.

Q is capable of running the point, but he's simply not a threat outside of the rim, and he's not dangerous as the clock winds down.
    Not to just be disagreeable, but Scruggs has a tendency to turn to the ball over a lot too. He makes ill advised passes and is not the best dribbler in the world. Admittedly in a few more minutes, Scruggs had 6 more TOs than Goodin on the year. I'm not saying Q is great, but Scruggs is no sure thing either.
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage

Just tough one to take going to be hard to sleep tonight. I am a Kentucky fan first but that doesn't mean this loss hurts any less for me. I live in Ohio and have always rooted for Xavier as well.
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

If Naji stays in Cincinnati, we're playing tomorrow night. It's one thing to play bad. He actively sabotaged our team.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskeagle View Post
    Not to just be disagreeable, but Scruggs has a tendency to turn to the ball over a lot too. He makes ill advised passes and is not the best dribbler in the world. Admittedly in a few more minutes, Scruggs had 6 more TOs than Goodin on the year. I'm not saying Q is great, but Scruggs is no sure thing either.
    Maybe, but Scruggs is a threat outside of 2 feet. The most important aspect in the situation where the clock in winding down is a bucket. Not a brick.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    If Naji stays in Cincinnati, we're playing tomorrow night. It's one thing to play bad. He actively sabotaged our team.
    Paul and hankins did not deserve to lose that game tonight...q and naji need to take this feeling and be better next year.