Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I'm sure we will play in the NIT if invited, but eh, it doesn't do anything for me.
    Why not? It's post season experience against great competition for a first year coach and an entire team coming back next year except the transfers. It's not the NCAA, but don't forget in very recent years UNC and UK have been big NIT players and are fine now. It occasionally happens so embrace it and hope we use that experience to build on next year. The NIT is not useless and that could be a great spring board to next year

Sophomore
    accept the NIT for the grad transfers but I couldn't care less what happens in it. Just exhibition ball. Hope they at least get Harden some more time. We will need him next year.

We're gonna need some more transfers too. I don't love only bringing back like 5 or 6 guys, but hopefully the core 4 will start next year the way we thought they would this year.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Well please don’t watch then bc if you’re not happy to watch x play more ball then GFYS. Nobody wants the kNIT but it beats not playing at all. It’s been like 25 years since we have been in this. UK has been in it and UNC as well. Once next weekend is over you will change you’re tune.
    Eh — the NIT is beneath programs like XU, UK, UNC, etc.

Turning it down is the right move.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    accept the NIT for the grad transfers but I couldn't care less what happens in it. Just exhibition ball. Hope they at least get Harden some more time. We will need him next year.

We're gonna need some more transfers too. I don't love only bringing back like 5 or 6 guys, but hopefully the core 4 will start next year the way we thought they would this year.
    Could certainly use a grad big if there ends up being one out there that fits. Backcourt is fine. Kyky will 100% be in the rotation and supposedly Steele said bishop will too. There will be plenty of depth in the backcourt assuming no one other than keonte(I'm assuming) leaves.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post

Could certainly use a grad big if there ends up being one out there that fits. Backcourt is fine. Kyky will 100% be in the rotation and supposedly Steele said bishop will too. There will be plenty of depth in the backcourt assuming no one other than keonte(I'm assuming) leaves.

Junior
    I wouldn’t turn it down- and this is exact time it can be beneficial (key to next years team all coming back). But it’s disappointing they will be in it and I won’t be going out of my way to watch it.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    Why not? It's post season experience against great competition for a first year coach and an entire team coming back next year except the transfers. It's not the NCAA, but don't forget in very recent years UNC and UK have been big NIT players and are fine now. It occasionally happens so embrace it and hope we use that experience to build on next year. The NIT is not useless and that could be a great spring board to next year
    That's fine for the development of the program if they choose to do that. Most of the team is either leaving or a tested vet. So whatever.

I doubt they would turn it down, but who knows.

As a fan, I don't care. Just being honest.
    Last edited by drudy23; 03-15-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    It's mediocre not great competition and this whole "development for the team' stuff is so overblown. It's similar to what people say about being in a useless bowl game and winning it. It has zero bearing on the following year in my opinion. If they play in it if they get invited, ok that's fine whatever but if it was up to me, which it obviously isnt, I'd rather just have the season be over.

I don’t think I will be able to watch mostly because the 3pt line is 1’8” farther than current 3pt line in the NIT. Watching Naji and Q jack up 3s from 22 feet? No thanks!

Jay Wright is Just such a class act.

I really love that he is in the BE. Most talented, most genuine and classiest coach around.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBogPC3RTM

I think Steele is on his way to being a lot like him.