Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 298
  1. #251
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,824
    Just watched steele's postgame...pretty clear what he thought of gilespie's foul at the end of regulation that was instead called on naji.

    I like Jay Wright but I find this nova team to be unlikable which hasnt been the case since we joined the league. Booth fouls every time he gets the ball, Gillespie is a wannabe arcidiacono who couldn't hold his jock, and quinerly is a mcd aa prima donna who should have been kicked off the team earlier this year.

  2. #252
    Junior xavierj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    3,863
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Canít help but think, either D Miles better by ready to go, or we really need to find another true big like Hankins (6í10 or taller) for next year. Jones is gonna be important too but man if Miles could be plugged in and play like Hankins (or of Steele and staff could find another big similar to him), look out.

    I have simply loved watching Hankins go from solid contributor to absolute stud in one season. Just amazing!
    Zach Freemantle is more ready to play. 6í9Ē center with skill and a decent stroke. Miles is a major project and donít think he will be anywhere near ready to play for another two years. He is also really young and could be a junior right now. Best to beef him up and have a good 4 years with him. Maybe another grad transfer big will happen.

  3. #253
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,824
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Zach Freemantle is more ready to play. 6’9” center with skill and a decent stroke. Miles is a major project and don’t think he will be anywhere near ready to play for another two years. He is also really young and could be a junior right now. Best to beef him up and have a good 4 years with him. Maybe another grad transfer big will happen.
    Yeah I'd think miles will probably redshirt if for nothing else than to balance out the classes a little bit.

  4. #254
    Supporting Member xu82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    8,633
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    From what I was told earlier this year, Q was dealing with a pretty significant personal issue this year and Steele was the first one he went to about it. I think the guys are bought into Steele. Steele grew as a coach big time this year.
    I know nothing about nothing. The one thing I’m confident in is we don’t know what other people are going through. I’m as guilty as anyone here, but we shouldn’t be judging beyond a certain level. Bad passes and missed shots are one thing, a guy’s personal issues is next level stuff. If he went to Steele first, that speaks volumes.
    Last edited by xu82; 03-15-2019 at 10:25 PM.

  5. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I know nothing about nothing. The one thing I’m confident in is we don’t know what other people are going through. I’m as guilty as anyone here, but we shouldn’t be judging beyond a certain level. Bad passes and missed shots are one thing, a guy’s personal issues is next level stuff. If he went to Steele first, that speaks volumes.
    This is where I'm honestly at. I am devasated for Hankins. I absolutely love the way he plays and I'm so sorry he could not be a musketeer more than one season. I want that guy in the tournament because he would be an absolute beast in that environment. I have never felt for an athlete like I have for him. A man who truly appreciates the opportunity to produce on the big stage.

    That is why I'll be a huge supporter in the NIT if we get a bid. I want to see him get back to MSG. It's not the NCAA but it is the next best thing. I wish there was a way for him to get one more year because he would be amazing to watch. Hankins is the definition of what it means to be a Musketeer. I hope he gets a few more games

  6. #256
    Supporting Member AviatorX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I'm not sold that Q and Naji are 100% bought in to Steele. If they're not, I hope that changes before next year. I feel if those three were seeing eye to eye from the start, we're playing next Thursday/Friday.

    It was obvious our best strategy was inside - out. Although it did get better the last 10 games, there were times where they still made poor decisions with quick shots and dumb plays.

    I hope they embrace their leadership roles next year and realize that the whole is bigger than the sum.
    I sincerely mean this with no offense because generally I agree with your posts, but this is really dumb unless you have some specific insight. Is this just based on nothing? Everything indicates the current guys were the biggest supporters of Travis getting the job.

  7. #257
    Supporting Member AviatorX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimKibbles View Post
    Is that why UK and UNC turned down NIT invites? Oh wait...

    The right move? Get over yourself. Keep your tv off. If the guys want to play in the NIT, that’s great. Go win the whole thing.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Seriously. No one is thrilled with the NIT, but it's laughable that it's beneath X. IU, UK and UNC have all participated in recent memory. All have just a bit more history than X.

  8. #258
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    This is where I'm honestly at. I am devasated for Hankins. I absolutely love the way he plays and I'm so sorry he could not be a musketeer more than one season. I want that guy in the tournament because he would be an absolute beast in that environment. I have never felt for an athlete like I have for him. A man who truly appreciates the opportunity to produce on the big stage.

    That is why I'll be a huge supporter in the NIT if we get a bid. I want to see him get back to MSG. It's not the NCAA but it is the next best thing. I wish there was a way for him to get one more year because he would be amazing to watch. Hankins is the definition of what it means to be a Musketeer. I hope he gets a few more games

    Absolutely. The NCAA needs Hankins. They need a Zion and a Hankins. X needs to be invited to the dance.

  9. #259
    Sophomore Muskeagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Just watched steele's postgame...pretty clear what he thought of gilespie's foul at the end of regulation that was instead called on naji.
    I just watched it again....to show my son who hadn't seen it. It's sooooooo bad. Make the right call there and we're in the championship. Pretty frustrating. Soooo bad.

    Meanwhile, this Marquette/Seton Hall game is crazy.
    Most fools only THINK they are ignorant.
    --Benjamin Franklin

  10. #260
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Montgomery
    Posts
    11,994
    What makes it worse is Seton Hall looks like they are going to win. We could have beat them. Marquette would have been much tougher for us.
    "Iím willing to sacrifice everything for this team. Iím going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. Iím going to play harder than Iíve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •