Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    The telling people how to be a fan on this board has got to stop.

Sophomore
    being at the game and not having rewind and my computer available(harder to follow on phone) I got the impression Naj played a decent floor game with good rebounding, assists and defense (Booth made some tough shots). He did force the 3s (worst was. "heat checK" on Cremo that if it went in would have put us up 12 I believe and bought house down) and if he just realized it was not his day could have just dished some and surely Welage would have hit one. It was a huge Nova crowd. It would have so enjoyable to make the 1.5 mile walk and 2 hr train trek home with a W but not to be. Lots of good teams in the NIT it seems looking at the many "first four out" scenarios so hopefully we have some more X basketball.

Going to the NIT is OK with me. It’s beneficial to the program in the long run, and unless someone gets hurt there really is no down side to the experience. As evidenced by past experiences in the NIT, some fans will support it, others won’t. The real question is will the TEAM members be excited about playing in it? I think that all depends on just whom they are playing. I really think that the grad transfers will ALL be excited about playing. They all had a goal of playing in the NCAA tourney, and that’s not goi g to happen now. But playing in the NIT is still playing. Hankins probably finds a home in a European league, but I don’t see Castlin or Welly playing professionally. That means this is it for them. I’m sure they don’t want it to end with last nights game. I know that I’m not ready for the season to come to an end.

I'm going out on a limb here, and saying that there was not one game this year when Q and Marshall each played 40 minutes...and didn't draw one shooting foul.

Impossible. I know they jacked up a lot of threes, but surely there was one foul on them in there somewhere.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    That's fine for the development of the program if they choose to do that. Most of the team is either leaving or a tested vet. So whatever.

I doubt they would turn it down, but who knows.

As a fan, I don't care. Just being honest.
    What would you rather see? X being a number 1 seed and losing in the second round or advancing past the first weekend in this years NIT. I know what my answer is. The NIT has many times been a springboard to the next years success. UCONN, OSU, Villanova, Baylor, TCU and West Virginia have all won NITs. To say Xavier too good for it or better than those programs is ludicrous.
    JUST PLAY.

Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    Theres one coming in next year but Q will still start every game over him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Unless he is a first round NBA pick, no frosh is starting over Q and Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Unless he is a first round NBA pick, no frosh is starting over Q and Jones.
    If he can shoot 3's he could definitely start in a 3 guard offense though with a faster pace since we will have depth to run.

Supporting Member
    I dont know why, but this loss is really staying with me. Maybe it's because I hate that hankins will never get a taste of the tourney, maybe it's because I wanted this so bad for Steele, maybe it's because I wanted to stick to Mack for leaving and letting him know we will be better without him. Whatever it is, this loss really really stings and I was at the game against Wisconsin a couple of years ago. That sucked but for some odd reason, this feels worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I dont know why, but this loss is really staying with me. Maybe it's because I hate that hankins will never get a taste of the tourney, maybe it's because I wanted this so bad for Steele, maybe it's because I wanted to stick to Mack for leaving and letting him know we will be better without him. Whatever it is, this loss really really stings and I was at the game against Wisconsin a couple of years ago. That sucked but for some odd reason, this feels worse.
    It sucks because it's obvious to those of us who watch all the games that X is a really good team right now (not a second weekend team, but definitely safely in the top 30-40), but at the same time there's basically no argument you can make that's the case looking at the body of work. Weird feeling.

I am happy that I witnessed this team show off their top 30 talent and execution to the BE teams and nation.
    Hope they can make it back to MSG in NIT and show some fans their DEFENSE and roster is solid.

All this Q bashing is similar to the Dee Davis bashing. Q is a big guard who plays great defense and is good with the ball in March. He rebound well but he is no Steve Nash.
    Shooting will not be his forte but if he is left wide open and the ball comes to him in rhythm, I have no problem with him shooting. He was stuck with the ball often last night as shot clock had 8 seconds. He did find Hankins often with 2-3 seconds on shot clock to lay it in. He knows what he is doing.