Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    The encouraging thing is that X won while playing just ok. Very up and down against a good/hot team, didn’t let the drought beat us. It is March, survive and advance.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    We've been like a car, missing on a cylinder or two all year. Sometimes having enough horsepower to win and other times not.

Imagine, starting tomorrow, if our three transfers continue playing at a high level while Paul and Naji, in particular, wake fully up, and Q takes a few less 3 attempts.
    Would be immense, and a great formula for success. It's been promising the last few days, so I'm happy to see them sorting out ways to win. Winning tomorrow would be absolutely huge, and strangely I feel confident that these guys have the ability to do it. Pulling out a 20 win season while we were dead in the water is mental to me.

Supporting Member
    The coaching that Steele has done since the team was 11-13 has been absolutely incredible. There was a real chance with the remaining schedule that this team could have fallen off the map and had a twenty loss season. Simply incredible job to now have gone 7-1 against the schedule. Really gets me excited for the future and claiming the final 2%.

I wish Gus had been our announcer today would been fun at the end. Will get him tomorrow.
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Really gets me excited for the future and claiming the final 2%.
    This is where I am right now. The current run and wherever it takes us this post-season is fun and exciting, but it seems like homemade sausage gravy slathered on a week-old store-brand biscuit. I just hope the gravy outlasts the biscuits.

But my outlook on the future of this team has changed dramatically in the past month. Next year's core players have proven a lot to me, and I think they have finally settled into their roles without Tre, JP, Kanter and Kaiser. Now, add KyKy et al to the mix and we start addressing areas of weakness, such as ball handling and shooting depth.

The future looks bright. The present is exciting as hell, too, but no matter how this season ends, I'm way more eager for November than I was a month ago.
    It's winning time.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Hankins was awesome! And Castlin coming up very big again. Those guys wanna play in the tourney bad you can tell it through their play. Lets get Nova tomorrow boys!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by CincyXavierFella View Post
    2nd Half: Xavier went scoreless for about 9 Minutes... That’s Fricking amazing and we won after losing a 12 point lead.
    Good defense kept them in the game. The current defense we now see is light years ahead of what we saw even 6 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    The coaching that Steele has done since the team was 11-13 has been absolutely incredible. There was a real chance with the remaining schedule that this team could have fallen off the map and had a twenty loss season. Simply incredible job to now have gone 7-1 against the schedule. Really gets me excited for the future and claiming the final 2%.
    + 1,000%
    X A V I E R

Does anyone else think that the Creighton fans were all yelling at the tv at the end, "Call Timeout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"?

Sophomore
    in contrast to our game, the post game line between ST Johns and Marquette looked like the "good game..good game" of a 6th grade girls Catholic school game. In fact I think the girls get madder..once you are "in" I guess you are happy