Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals '19

On a fluke we were in Green Bay this past weekend for the opening of their training camp. What a difference between there and here. I know it's literally the only thing in that town but it's really cool to see an engaged fanbase and a team that so willingly interacts with their fans. Watching the players ride the kids' bikes and high five all the little ones along their route to the practice field was pretty cool. All sorts of activities for the kids in the parking lot of Lambeau. I'm so sick of the Brown's and all the crap they've pulled over the years so I think I'll become a Packer backer (despite Aaron Rodgers being their QB).

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    On a fluke we were in Green Bay this past weekend for the opening of their training camp. What a difference between there and here. I know it's literally the only thing in that town but it's really cool to see an engaged fanbase and a team that so willingly interacts with their fans. Watching the players ride the kids' bikes and high five all the little ones along their route to the practice field was pretty cool. All sorts of activities for the kids in the parking lot of Lambeau. I'm so sick of the Brown's and all the crap they've pulled over the years so I think I'll become a Packer backer (despite Aaron Rodgers being their QB).
    I went to the Bills game in Green Bay last year. Bills home games are still my favorite, but a game in Green Bay is awesome! It’s worth it if you get the chance. The stadium is just OK, but the area surrounding is a great tailgate. As you get close to the stadium, in the middle of a residential area, you see signs that say “park and pee - $20”. The price goes up as you get closer to the stadium. You get to park in their front yard, pee in their house or porta potty, and tailgate until game time!

A Bills buddy rented a house from a 28 year old guy who had 2 nice houses a couple blocks away that he paid for by renting out 8 games a year. Go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I do not expect the Giants to be better FWIW.
    I don’t know what they were thinking for the last couple drafts. Maybe they actually got it right, but from my seat it looks like the fan consensus might have been the better path to take. Gettleman makes me scratch my head, at times.

I'm listening to ESPN radio for 5 minutes going somewhere this morning.
    Some NFL guru is on there (Chris Mortensen?)
    He's talking about the challenge San Diego has in making money.
    Then he says every team wants to make money.
    Every team wants to win...except the Bengals. Their ownership only wants to make money.

Wonderful.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

The Bengals want to win, but only after making sure they make a lot of money, and without changing anything in how they operate. It will be interesting to see how the new coach gets along with the Brown family’s legendary frugality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Bengals need to sell the team........wishful thinking is that Cincy could do what Green Bay has done and sell shares of the team to the public. Never gonna happen.........

Those shares in the Packers have nothing to do with ownership or management of the team. They’re used strictly as a way to raise money without requiring ownership to cough up some dough. Full disclosure, I own a share. I’m not allowed to sell the share, except back to the club for face value.

You do get to vote on some things like people on a board of directors, but they’re people already nominated by the powers that be. You can attend the annual meeting and get a shares certificate suitable for framing.

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Those shares in the Packers have nothing to do with ownership or management of the team. They’re used strictly as a way to raise money without requiring ownership to cough up some dough. Full disclosure, I own a share. I’m not allowed to sell the share, except back to the club for face value.

You do get to vote on some things like people on a board of directors, but they’re people already nominated by the powers that be. You can attend the annual meeting and get a shares certificate suitable for framing.

Interesting..........I didnt know that

Panthers play the Bills this week. So, Bills came to Wofford to practice for a couple days for both teams together.
    Somehow, a whole bunch of Bills fans showed up. I don't know where they came from.
    Probably Myrtle Beach.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    funny to see all these bengals fans blaming zac taylor for the bengals sucking. coaching has never been the problem. i don't know how some people still don't understand this. the bengals organization is a joke and when i say that, i mean mike brown