Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals '19

I don't WANT them to lose/leave/be a laughing stock. It's even worse that that....I just don't give a damn one way or another.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Do what we did in cleveland... throw a parade, embarrass the shit out of the owner at any cost. Rush the streets. Protest! NJNP! I hear Bezos is looking for a team.... too bad new amazon headquarters isn’t in Ohio

There is nothing anyone can do to make Mike Brown sell the team. He is the most stubborn, obstinate, set in his way individual in professional sports. The fans can boycott, they can have a parade, burn him effigy - it won't matter. And to add insult to injury, I imagine when the lease is up in (I think) 7 years, and nobody is coming to the games, he'll move the team to some city where they'll lavish him with a new stadium and more money.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    There is nothing anyone can do to make Mike Brown sell the team. He is the most stubborn, obstinate, set in his way individual in professional sports. The fans can boycott, they can have a parade, burn him effigy - it won't matter. And to add insult to injury, I imagine when the lease is up in (I think) 7 years, and nobody is coming to the games, he'll move the team to some city where they'll lavish him with a new stadium and more money.
    would anyone actually want mike brown's team?

Don’t underestimate the power of the people. Old rich folk don’t like embarrassment. And I’m not referring to Mike Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Don’t underestimate the power of the people. Old rich folk don’t like embarrassment. And I’m not referring to Mike Brown
    This may be in the wrong thread.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

True...I should have specified “NFL billionaires”

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Why expend any energy on something we have no control over? Mikey boy has no concern for us. He does not listen or make any decision regarding fans' wishes. It's not our team. It's not the Cincinnati Bengals it is the Mike Brown Bengals. Fans used to feel some connection, some personal 'relationship' with the team and the players.

Thus the basis for much of the apathy and the anger.

The difference is; the angry still care.

The apathetic realize they can live without it and are less likely to return.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    The apathetic realize they can live without it and are less likely to return.
    Count me in this category. I was a season ticket holder for 30+ years and dropped them a few years ago. While I’ll still cheer for the team, I no longer care when they lose and won’t be buying tickets, jerseys , t-shirts, etc. going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Anyone think Mikey Boy will sign the Nike spokesman? Would seem appropriate for that dumpster fire.
    Veritas vos Liberabit