FaceBook Fan Pages Are the Worst

Many years ago, in the dawn of the message board forums...we saw the first trolls and dealt with a lot of back and forth on what should and should not be posted. After a decade, and a few versions, this board has leveled out and filled mostly with diehards that understand the game of basketball.

The Facebook fan pages are now the worst things on the internet. They are the end of the spectrum types of fans, fringe fans, and trolls who prefer to bicker back and forth. The haters and those that hate the haters trade insults and superiority complexes to prove they are the better X fan. It is nauseating.

I think I am going to delete myself from them all. Bunch of snowflakes and soccer moms spouting nonesense. I am in charge of my own happiness, and if I don't like reading them, I will simply not read them. Problem solved.

Twitter is no better, where you can directly message players, coaches, and tag those who need to read that crap the least. Quentin Goodin doesn't need Joe Fan's advice on how to fix his jump shot, or when to shoot. It's one thing to post in forums like this, where a player has to seek out the feedback, but completely different for a player to receive DM's or to see tweets @ing them.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Dude! Stay on the Lew Hirt Society page!!
    I agree tho. That Number 1 Fans Page is trash!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

What's Facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Many years ago, in the dawn of the message board forums...we saw the first trolls and dealt with a lot of back and forth on what should and should not be posted. After a decade, and a few versions, this board has leveled out and filled mostly with diehards that understand the game of basketball.

The Facebook fan pages are now the worst things on the internet. They are the end of the spectrum types of fans, fringe fans, and trolls who prefer to bicker back and forth. The haters and those that hate the haters trade insults and superiority complexes to prove they are the better X fan. It is nauseating.

I think I am going to delete myself from them all. Bunch of snowflakes and soccer moms spouting nonesense. I am in charge of my own happiness, and if I don't like reading them, I will simply not read them. Problem solved.

Twitter is no better, where you can directly message players, coaches, and tag those who need to read that crap the least. Quentin Goodin doesn't need Joe Fan's advice on how to fix his jump shot, or when to shoot. It's one thing to post in forums like this, where a player has to seek out the feedback, but completely different for a player to receive DM's or to see tweets @ing them.
    I started and control this page. Come join us!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1425803351055421/
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    What's Facebook?
    Something I cut cold turkey last August.