Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals '19

Is there any way we can get the Bengals moved to London? I know the NFL would love to expand internationally.
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Is there any way we can get the Bengals moved to London? I know the NFL would love to expand internationally.
    I wish. However, there is no way the bungles will leave - the stadium lease is too good for them to leave Cincinnati. Unfortunately, the bungles can (and will) extend the deal to 2036.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    With the success of Joey and Nick Bosa in the NFL, the Bengals would be plain stupid not to take Chase Young in the draft, if they can get him.

Dalton is average. But he is the pretty far down the list in terms of the Bungs’ issues. Loved Bosa planting the flag after tackling Mayfield. I’m a Luke warm Buckeye football fan, but Mayfield planting the flag at the Horseshoe...well, he had that coming.
    You don't pass on franchise QBs especially when the current one's contract is up in 2020. Draft Tua or Herbert and build around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    With the success of Joey and Nick Bosa in the NFL, the Bengals would be plain stupid not to take Chase Young in the draft, if they can get him.
    You see what you wrote, right? You have to know that statement alone means the Bengals will take any player other than the one the "fans" want
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    You don't pass on franchise QBs especially when the current one's contract is up in 2020. Draft Tua or Herbert and build around him.
    Well there could be the free agent route to hold them off for a year or two?

If the Bengals didn't have so many needs..........literally every position needs an upgrade except RB and WR.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

If the Bengals didn't have so many needs..........literally every position needs an upgrade except RB and WR.
    Trade AJ, Geno, Dunlap...all of them. Compile picks. Now they won't hit on any of those picks but they sure as shit aren't signing anyone in free agency. Keeping these older guys and paying them a good chunk of change while the team sucks gets everyone no where.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

If you upgrade everything else first you are stuck in mediocrity and have a lower chance of finding a franchise QB. Top half of first round is where they are found with a few exceptions obviously. Suck for a few years, accrue draft picks and cap space.

I respect everyone’s opinions and I’m clearly in the minority here. But I think the path to success is drafting all the major needs first. Oline, LB’s, secondary etc.

I’m not a big football guy, so I’m probably wrong. But I think the game is won in the trenches and with a strong defense. Dilfer won a Super Bowl. I realize that’s an outlier...but the Colts have drafted Oline (wisely) and they just pushed the Chiefs up and down the field with Jacoby Brissett at QB and a stout defense.

Like I said, I’m likely wrong. But I’m not sure getting Tua, Hurts or the kid from Oregon would do much if they are running for their lives with an atrocious offensive line and a Swiss cheese defense.

Franchise quarterback? Brady was drafted in the 6th round I think.

I'd trade the front office, and start from there.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    I wish. However, there is no way the bungles will leave - the stadium lease is too good for them to leave Cincinnati. Unfortunately, the bungles can (and will) extend the deal to 2036.
    Actually there is a way according to a recent Enquirer article. Apparently the County is due to pay for a bunch is upgrades in a couple years. It could theoretically be put on the ballot by petition then voted down, which would then give the Bungholes a way out.

Instead of sending them to London, how about Kabul?
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"