Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sleepers, Cinderella Stories, Etc.

I haven't watched much college ball this year due to an intense step up in schooling, anybody have some bracket picks, match-ups they find interesting, or teams that could do some damage? I just want to beat my classmates in our pool, and will funnel 30% of winnings to a GoFundMe for a tab for all that contribute haha.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I havent looked closely at bracket yet. I do know Belmont will be a popular pick.

I'll probably pick SLU to beat Va Tech but that is biased.

I dont have any special insight. Did watch a decent amount of bball tho, so I'll give some other thoughts after I look more. Not that they will be worth anymore than anyone elses.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Haha it's all appreciated, I was ready to pick Murray State until they got matched up with Marquette, now I'm a bit conflicted. Is there anybody else on Murray State as good as Morant? Also is Howard healthy or not?

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Haha it's all appreciated, I was ready to pick Murray State until they got matched up with Marquette, now I'm a bit conflicted. Is there anybody else on Murray State as good as Morant? Also is Howard healthy or not?
    I really want to pick Marquette to make a run. Think I might but they do scare me some. They need Theo John to stay out of foul trouble because they are too thin down low after him. If Howard and Hauser brothers are on I think they could be dangerous.

Not sure about anyone on Murray State besides Morant. Go might know.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Is there anyone else on Murray State as good as the kid who may go #2 in the NBA Draft? No. The answer to that question is decidedly no.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Is there anyone else on Murray State as good as the kid who may go #2 in the NBA Draft? No. The answer to that question is decidedly no.
    Your name is black. Pay your dues ya mooch!

Hahaha I should have prefaced that way better, the question is more so do they have a good supporting cast for Morant, he's athletic as hell, and is really fun to watch, it's an interesting match up in my eyes to be honest. Depends if Marquette is shooting well or not, I hate picking those teams to make runs.

Quote Originally Posted by d-west & po-z View Post
    your name is black. Pay your dues ya mooch!
    ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Hahaha I should have prefaced that way better, the question is more so do they have a good supporting cast for Morant, he's athletic as hell, and is really fun to watch, it's an interesting match up in my eyes to be honest. Depends if Marquette is shooting well or not, I hate picking those teams to make runs.
    I wasn’t impressed with the rest of the team. They had a kid hit a couple of big threes against Jacksonville State to pull them through the semis. And they’ve got a thick (read: kinda fat) big guy who is surprisingly agile and can make some plays. But I think Marquette is a bad matchup for them. If they’re making open threes, I think Marquette wins easy.

I wasn’t impressed with the rest of the team. They had a kid hit a couple of big threes against Jacksonville State to pull them through the semis. And they’ve got a thick (read: kinda fat) big guy who is surprisingly agile and can make some plays. But I think Marquette is a bad matchup for them. If they’re making open threes, I think Marquette wins easy.
    I'm not super impressed with Morant. He is a great athlete no doubt, but has a long way to develop as a basketball player. Just found his decision making to be poor. I only watched a couple of their conference tournament games, but thought that if he was playing against a higher level competition there's no way he would be getting away with some pf the plays he made. If he's a top 5 pick in this year's draft then this is not a strong draft class.