Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Myles Powell.... holy f

The hall is boatracing the hoyas. Powell outscored them in the 1st half.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Well, we can cross Georgetown and Creighton off the list of teams ahead of us.

Not that we'd be the team to replace them, but I dont really see why St. John's is considered a virtual lock. They're not very good.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    X is the only team in Lunardi's First 8 out that is still alive in its conference tourney. Only one team (FL) is still alive in his last 4 in category. They play LSU today. X probably still needs to win it all at MSG, but beat Nova and we at least have a shot at a bid even if it may remain small.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

With the way everyone else on the Bubble is sucking (and they're sucking because Bubble teams are, pretty much by definition, mediocre teams), I think a win today over Villanova changes the narrative for Xavier. Yeah, we'd be a lot safer going ahead and winning it all, but to beat Villanova on a "neutral" court in the Big East semis would give Xavier's profile an enormous boost. I think we'd be awfully, awfully close to sneaking into the field at that point.

Sophomore
    Louisville still sitting at a 7, just begging for the committee to put us at a 10 should we win

Supporting Member
    Lunardi can seriously suck my lower body extremity. Being behind Clemson is an effing joke, their best wins are mediocre Syracuse and a not fully healthy Virginia Tech team at home.

Texas is freaking 16-16 and ahead of us. Yes I know they beat UNC but they also lost to Oklahoma State and Georgia, which is even worse than losing to Butler and Depaul.

Florida is ahead of us...based on what? Because they lost to a bunch of good teams? Good job Florida. One good win at LSU, same record as X, and somehow safely in right now?

Yes I know im arguing about whose mediocre resume is better, but makes no sense to me how these teams are ahead of X except for their net numbers, which really makes me question the legitimacy of the net rankings.

Also, after Xavier beats Villanova, everyone please join me in hoping that the Shockers (winners of 10 of their last 12) can stay hot tonight and knock off Temple. That would constitute a very, very good day for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Lunardi can seriously suck my lower body extremity. Being behind Clemson is an effing joke, their best wins are mediocre Syracuse and a not fully healthy Virginia Tech team at home.

Texas is freaking 16-16 and ahead of us. Yes I know they beat UNC but they also lost to Oklahoma State and Georgia, which is even worse than losing to Butler and Depaul.

Florida is ahead of us...based on what? Because they lost to a bunch of good teams? Good job Florida. One good win at LSU, same record as X, and somehow safely in right now?

Yes I know im arguing about whose mediocre resume is better, but makes no sense to me how these teams are ahead of X except for their net numbers, which really makes me question the legitimacy of the net rankings.
    It's fun to look at and worry about that stuff on a daily basis, but I think this much is clear: beat Villanova today and we're jumping over all of those teams you mentioned (except maybe Florida). Lose to Villanova today, and none of it matters anyway.

If we beat Nova, there’re not a lot teams in the power 5 that can say they won their last 8 of 9 against conference competition. They say that doesn’t matter with the committee for at large but not sure I believe that. At minimum has to be a conversation starter.