Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Freshman

Best Way to Enjoy the Season

One game at a time. Next up Butler. When we think far ahead, we can fail to enjoy the present. Butler is a rivalry thru 3 different conferences. It is our 1st March game. Not thinking past Tuesday. To all, enjoy your Weekend & Monday.

Agreed! No reason to look to far ahead Just enjoy the journey (especially the last 5 games and the wins to come!)

Junior
    Is this a troll attempt? Didn’t you just start a thread about winning out/seed?

Actually I was thinking about this since Snipe's "Lets go down swinging" thread. There is a "silent majority" of us fans who stick by the team thick and thin.

A few made this board pretty bad, a handful said things on twitter and social media that were uncalled for, and a few loud fans who thought to boo at our low point loss vs DePaul. Some even jumped off the wagon.

All I can say is that it has been so satisfying to stick with this coach and with this team and really really enjoy the last several games. The best way to enjoy the season is to commit to it each year through thick and thin. I'm sure we've (collectively) have enjoyed this so much more. And we're committed to be there to the end.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    Actually I was thinking about this since Snipe's "Lets go down swinging" thread. There is a "silent majority" of us fans who stick by the team thick and thin.

A few made this board pretty bad, a handful said things on twitter and social media that were uncalled for, and a few loud fans who thought to boo at our low point loss vs DePaul. Some even jumped off the wagon.

All I can say is that it has been so satisfying to stick with this coach and with this team and really really enjoy the last several games. The best way to enjoy the season is to commit to it each year through thick and thin. I'm sure we've (collectively) have enjoyed this so much more. And we're committed to be there to the end.
    Amen brother!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post

I'll have to admit, I am usually very optimistic, but this team had me questioning the hell out of them. They didn't look like they were improving, and the entire body language was bad. I'm incredibly happy for Coach Steele, and happy the guys have figured this out towards the end, and things are back to more normal. They've shown an incredible amount of resilience, and for that deserve nothing but praise. I would never boo them, or say the world was ending, I just figured looking forward to next year would give me sanity. I'm completely happy to be wrong in that assessment however.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Is this a troll attempt? Didn’t you just start a thread about winning out/seed?
    I did also start thread on winning out & seed. I am 67 yrs old in an Rv in Florida every winter. I enjoy 1 day at a time. So I needed to reality check myself to enjoy 1 game at a time. Anybody see the movie Fast Forward where the guy fast forwards his remote control to skip life's mundane moments. Would it really be fun to fast forward us to the NCAA Finals & miss how we got there? I started on musketeermadness a few years ago & that board is rather dead. At least Xavier Hoops has some spirit. Go Muskies. Win or lose I enjoy you

Never doubt the Power of X. X has done this multiple times where they suck but then gods decide to sprinkle Muskie magic and BOOM!!! Same story different year. Bring on Butt
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Supporting Member
    The coach has finally gotten the guys to believe team. Go XAVIER.

Actually it’s more a matter of he finally got them to start playing defense.