Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thank you Coach Steele, Transfers, and Core group!!!

Was it yesterday? Probably not... it's been much longer since I read on message boards about Lionel Chalmers (favorite all time X player) dribbling too much at half court. The team was dead in the water, "they" said. The armchair and monday morning quarterbacking flowed uncontrollably. And then "The Run" happened.

Kyle Castlln, Ryan Welage, and especially Zach Hankins, you all are TREMENDOUS additions to this team. Naji, Paul, Tyrique, you have performed well outside expectations.

Steele was left with little to work with, but a lot of potential. And I think he has proven himself.

The season is not over, and like Snipe, I love this team.

Let's roll on... Still time to run the table!! (passes the mic to Snipe)

Def want to say thank you to the transfer seniors. You weren’t tremdous additions let’s not kid ourselves here but you were none the less a part of this team. Def thanks for turning this year around and making it fun again. It’s not over yet and I hope you still have 10 more games to play. Thank you for being part of the Xavier family and good luck with your future as professionals.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    You weren’t tremdous additions let’s not kid ourselves here
    Interesting. This resembles someone....

Hankins deserves to be on the MVP ballot.

Sophomore
    Life is a journey, not a destination. Zach, Kyle, and Ryan represented Xavier well and I can see they were great teammates. I think every one of them was a key contributor in more than one win (Zach probably 5) and we would not be anywhere near where we are now without them. The core 4 plus Elias turned it around, even tonights game was won by some tough shots by Baldwin and others (esp JOrgenson). Hope we can finish strong and maybe post season is in the future.

The only team that swept us was Marquette right? So if we get a 4/5 we wouldn’t face them till finals right. Maybe this team will surprise us. Once this loss wears off hopefully these guys can regroup and go on another 5 game tear.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    The only team that swept us was Marquette right? So if we get a 4/5 we wouldn’t face them till finals right. Maybe this team will surprise us. Once this loss wears off hopefully these guys can regroup and go on another 5 game tear.
    And Xavier had a double digit second half lead in the 2nd game against Marquette. Xavier has shown that if they play a complete game, they can beat any team in the Big East.

Definitely thank you to the transfers, and though it's not a traditional Senior Night against Johnsies, it's a Senior Night none the less. I hope these guys rally, beat St. John's and go on a tear through the Big East Tournament. This team brought back life to this board, and made the last few weeks a lot of fun, it's not over yet, and I'm looking forward to watching these guys play their hearts out for each other!

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    And Xavier had a double digit second half lead in the 2nd game against Marquette. Xavier has shown that if they play a complete game, they can beat any team in the Big East.
    Marquette is nobody. We are Xavier. We had them and let them go. That won't happen next time around. They are pretenders to the throne. We will be Champions.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

And in the spirit of this thread, I would like to thank all of the Seniors for all of their sweat and blood for the good of Xavier Basketball. Much Love my brothers. Let's go down swinging!
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick