Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryMuto View Post
    It was not the Butler game as much as it was losing at home to DePaul and not beating Auburn that ruined it.

That said 2 wins and getting to the BE finals and I am calling my shot saying X gets in.
    I'll call my shot in saying no matter who is in the BEF, bet the under. Always a great bet in a physical conference after 3 days of teams beating the crap out of each other

But yeah the at large chances are long gone cause of the Butler game. Win that and the win vs St. John's puts our NET around 58 or 59 today. That loss really hurt. Despite everything we had the opportunity to control our own destiny but let it slip away.

Great thing is we get one more chance. X controls their destiny. Three wins is all it takes and we have proven we can beat anyone in the league. Let's make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by HenryMuto View Post
    It was not the Butler game as much as it was losing at home to DePaul and not beating Auburn that ruined it.

That said 2 wins and getting to the BE finals and I am calling my shot saying X gets in.
    I'm in the at large camp, too, but only if we beat Creighton convincingly and then take down Nova.

I have no idea how the committee is looking at things this year, but I found this interesting. Our NET ranking is 71, which leads to to believe we’re out without winning the BET. Maybe making the championship game will also get us there.

However, I keep hearing about Quad 1 wins. As of yesterday, there are 32 teams with higher NET rankings than X, but with fewer Quad 1 wins. How much of an impact will that have? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    I have no idea how the committee is looking at things this year, but I found this interesting. Our NET ranking is 71, which leads to to believe we’re out without winning the BET. Maybe making the championship game will also get us there.

However, I keep hearing about Quad 1 wins. As of yesterday, there are 32 teams with higher NET rankings than X, but with fewer Quad 1 wins. How much of an impact will that have? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think our issue is some of our bad losses as opposed to our Quad 1 wins.
    Last edited by Mrs. Garrett; 03-12-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Sophomore
    aka losing to depaul and providence at home really hurt

Freshman
    We didn't beat a single team out of conference with a winning record. And we lost to a bad Missouri. That basically means we're counting on a 9-9 big east record to be worth something. And I don't think it's worth enough.

Lunardi doesn't even have us on the bubble at this point.

Not a surprise ... We literally have no non conference resume. If we all blindly looked at Xavier's resume I'd imagine a majority of us would say not an at large candidate

Junior
    Syracuse and UCLA have gotten in with stinko records. And there seems to be a group of "courtesy invites every year. Knight in his latter years had 2 or 3 lousy teams get in , only to get embarrassed by some middling mid major. You just never know with the committee. That said, Thurs may be the most difficult of a potential 3 games to win. Bluejays not a good matchup for us.