Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Hope we play a complete game, it's my Med School Formal night and I refused heading over to pre-game early, MAKE IT WORTH IT X, PLEASE.
    Hmmmm. What you rather do? Sit around and talk about your cadaver? Or watch Xavier basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    Bull... We are going NIT and playing longer than a lot of NCAA teams. NIT is a great prize knowing we were 3-8 at one point in the conference. we will be back in MSG and getting our second NIT championship.
    Bragging “We are going [to] be playing longer than a lot of NCAA teams” is pretty weak.

Def something a Dayton fan would say. Rather lose in the PIG then win the NIT. However if there were ever a year I would be happy to See X play in the NIT it’s this year. I think this can tell us just how far Steele has come as a young coach. Plus come next Mon when the sweet 16 has been set and all other teams in the area are done, I think you will be a little more excited. I rather have a NIT championship then nothing.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Def something a Dayton fan would say. Rather lose in the PIG then win the NIT. However if there were ever a year I would be happy to See X play in the NIT it’s this year. I think this can tell us just how far Steele has come as a young coach. Plus come next Mon when the sweet 16 has been set and all other teams in the area are done, I think you will be a little more excited. I rather have a NIT championship then nothing.
    So are you agreeing with me cause after the first sentence you literally say my thoughts exactly.? I swear I just don't get some people's logic.

Yes I think the NIT is a great reward because of the circumstances we found ourselves in. New coach, lost a ton of scoring and starting 3-8 in conference. That is the perfect storm of a lost season. The boys battled back and gave the NCAA a real run.

However, it was understood by a majority of the fan base that was not going to be a real goal this year. Making the NCAA would have been a huge bonus. We all would rather be in a PIG as opposed to the NIT but that was a pipe dream that the guys valiantly almost made happen. So under all of those perameters, yes, I feel the NIT is a damn good accomplishment and I'll be cheering for them hard.
    Last edited by stammina0721; 03-16-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Sophomore
    If nothing else it's an opportunity to put a few more in the win column and give travis a 20+ win season in his first year.

Rough one to take up 8 with 2:57 and blow it. Wow what a rough last 2 days.
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts